2023-24 Covington Catholic Colonels

2 hours ago, Cov_Cath_Hwy said:

Cooper, Newport and a lot of other schools are doing it so let’s drop it and move on and focus on the team, season, players and the beauty of High School Hoops on a Friday night.  Let’s move on.

Are doing what?

21 hours ago, Cov_Cath_Hwy said:

Cooper, Newport and a lot of other schools are doing it so let’s drop it and move on and focus on the team, season, players and the beauty of High School Hoops on a Friday night.  Let’s move on.

18 hours ago, throwback32 said:

Are doing what?

17 hours ago, Jack of all Trades said:

My question exactly?  

If I may interject, adding "outside" players.

15 hours ago, Falcon Pride said:

I’d say that is not any different than ANY of the top programs in any region.

”Gotta keep up with the Joneses”

Everyone may not be doing it, but everyone is trying on some level. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, nees1212 said:

I heard earlier today that Ruthsatz has told players and parents that if you want to play basketball at CCH, they will not be allowed to play football anymore. Is there any truth to this from those in the know?

Did you hear this from a CovCath person? I haven’t heard anything like this.

11 hours ago, nees1212 said:

I heard earlier today that Ruthsatz has told players and parents that if you want to play basketball at CCH, they will not be allowed to play football anymore. Is there any truth to this from those in the know?

Interesting .. haven’t been many crossovers playing both effectively other than maybe the Mayers. But even then they weren’t the basketball star, so it wasn’t an issue. They were nice to have as really really good role players, but not the focal point of the team. Maybe he’s looking at his pipeline (Harney, Gaiser, Bradshaw) of  possible future A players who all play football and forcing some hands.

13 hours ago, colonel-fan said:

Did you hear this from a CovCath person? I haven’t heard anything like this.

The person I heard it from is friends with some freshmen parents.  So I didn't hear it directly, but from a reliable source.  However, I know we have some CCH people on here so was curious if there was any truth behind it at all.

2 hours ago, bigblue96 said:

Interesting .. haven’t been many crossovers playing both effectively other than maybe the Mayers. But even then they weren’t the basketball star, so it wasn’t an issue. They were nice to have as really really good role players, but not the focal point of the team. Maybe he’s looking at his pipeline (Harney, Gaiser, Bradshaw) of  possible future A players who all play football and forcing some hands.

You hit all my thoughts as to why I posted this to see if anyone else has heard the same.  

14 hours ago, nees1212 said:

Happens all the time. Although, he usually has his right hand man handle those conversations. 

8. Any attempt to use or suggest profanity is prohibited. This means you may not use symbols to replace some or all of the letters in a word that might otherwise be blocked by the BGP word filter. Any attempt to circumvent the word filter with general abbreviations or text message abbreviations will also be considered a violation under this rule.

• Like 1