Everything posted by UKato91
-
2026 Covington Catholic Colonels
Ah yes we have to go to the freshman level. And look 3 years out for the next varsity win. That's quite the flex! Funny I recall a vastly under rated 24-25 team not winning a game their 8th grade year followed by a modest freshman record and then dropping 50+ points on SK their senior year then eventually taking down the #13 team in the country in the state quarter finals on the road. It was even leaked out that the coaches had no faith in that team. There are a lot of athletes on the freshman team. Several are injured one has a 5-game suspension for deciding to play football after summer practices ended. The freshman will be fine come 2029!
-
2026 Covington Catholic Colonels
Rinse, Wash Repeat! Yawn.
-
2026 Covington Catholic Colonels
That's right! You will see it and have seen it year after year
-
2026 Covington Catholic Colonels
Probably for the same reason they schedule Simon Kenton an easy early win.
-
2026 Covington Catholic Colonels
Boone Co used to always have big strong offensive lines. The 80's and 90's were a good time to be a running back at Boone. That was always a big game for Coach Ray.
-
2026 Kentucky Wildcats
My son ran into one of the walk-ons this past weekend and asked him how football was going. He says he came at a good time. While the prior coach was most certainly loved by his scholarship players. Will Stein seems to be loved by all of his players. I guess Stein being a former walk-on himself hasn't forgotten his roots. That seems to be the mark of a guy who has the capacity to build winning teams. Kentucky is a tough place to do it but so was Indiana.
-
2026 Cincinnati Bengals
I agree. It seemed like blockers were getting to our linebackers incredibly fast last year. Maybe with an extra second to read and react they can improve their performance this year. At least that's what I'm going to go with at this point.
-
2026 Kentucky Wildcats
Dang! In my head I must have been buying into the propaganda. I was thinking 6-6. This doesn't look good.
-
2026 Kentucky Wildcats
Hearing rumors Fryman is a possible get now for the Cats? Any truth to this one?
-
Kentucky hires J. Batt as its new Athletic Director
One of my college roommates from many years ago is an assistant AD at Xavier University. He keeps his finger on the pulse of the sports programs at the University of KY and is also an alum. He says Batt has a good reputation in the industry and thinks it would be great to have a youngish AD at the helm for reason already mentioned above. I'm glad UK has moved on from the prior AD.
-
Browns trade Myles Garrett to the Rams
- 2026 Covington Catholic Colonels
I have a love hate relationship with the 3-4 defense. I think the 3-4 is a very good defense but don't think it is a great fit for the high school level. I'm not sure the kids are physically developed enough to handle that defense yet. I'll say this because most every outside LB that has played for CCH over the last 8-9 years has had at least one torn shoulder labrum. I would not be upset to see CCH shy away from the 3-4 as the base defense and lean more towards the 4-3.- 2026 Covington Catholic Colonels
Is anyone suprised- Ravens back out of Crosby trade
- 2026 Covington Catholic Colonels
I'm glad to see the strength coach is actually a member of the coaching staff. Not sure if that was the case the last 2 years. I know when Atallah was there he was not part of the coaching staff and should have been or at least had some power over the players.- 2027-2028 Football Realignment
I can already hear the "One Point Three-Five" cheers coming from the student sections and they won't be pretty.- Boyle County 49 Covington Catholic 14
I along with many others wouldn't be sad to see him at NCC.- Will Cutter Boley be at UK in 2026?
I'm a little late to the game on this one. I was at the KY/Florida game and spoke to people very close to Boley's parents. Cutter wants to stay. He's a KY kid and loves the school and loves the coach. Obviously if Stoops is fired that could open the gate a little, but I don't think it will take much to keep him here and I think it would take a ton for him to leave.- Covington Catholic 36 Johnson Central 29
Aside from the CCH vs Fredrick Douglas State Championship game, last year's CCH vs Boyle was one of the most intense games I had been to. Hope to see a rematch this year.- Covington Catholic at Highlands Predictions/Updates
There is always a ton of energy surrounding this game. But I see the real chance for some real strategic vanillery (My made-up word for the day) in this one. Neither coach wants to show a lot, but both need to win for playoff seeding. I'm going with a boring game that gets exciting in the middle of the 4th quarter. The real entertainment will be in the stands until then.- Highlands at Boyle County Predictions/Updates
This is not the Boyle Co from last year. Highlands by a lot.- Shannon Minor added to CCH varsity basketball staff
Agree! A solid statement. When you have good coaches, the players are going to come to you. It happened with the prior staff, it will happen with this staff, it happened at Cooper and now will happen at St Henry too.- 2025 Covington Catholic Colonels
If this part of the spring work out then yes, it is generally open to the public and parents are encouraged to come.- 2025 Covington Catholic Colonels
Drop Holmes and Campbell add Elder and Cathedral along with Highlands, Ryle and Beechwood and suddenly things get really interesting.- 2025 Covington Catholic Colonels
I was at the football banquet last night and heard a certain team from Indianapolis may be on the schedule this year. - 2026 Covington Catholic Colonels