RPI Tracking 2A 2022

16 minutes ago, WarMemorialVet said:

Would both teams not receive the same amount of points from winning seeing as they both will be facing 2A competition? 

They will both get regular points for being same class,  but MCLean has a much better RPI and win loss record when compared to Murray. I think OCath passes mayfield next week, and if Mayfield beats MNH, which I suspect they will, they will pass Catholic back the last week of the season. It’s going to be very close either way. 

2 hours ago, GC-Dragons said:

They will both get regular points for being same class,  but MCLean has a much better RPI and win loss record when compared to Murray. I think OCath passes mayfield next week, and if Mayfield beats MNH, which I suspect they will, they will pass Catholic back the last week of the season. It’s going to be very close either way. 

I don't think Mayfield will pass Ocath back the last week.  Sure Mayfield plays a 4a team, and Ocath a 3a team, but Etown has a higher RPI, but I agree it will be close.  To War memorial vet question, no its not the same beating Murray this next week as beating Mclean will be for Ocath.  Yes you have to win to get rpi points, and yes neither gets bonus points for it being a 2a team, but if you beat a team with a higher RPI you get more when its computed.  Next fri will be a good example if both Mayfield, and Ocath win.  Mayfield leads them, but Ocath will jump them.  Their is a but though, if most of the teams Ocath beat lose this week, and most of the teams Mayfield beat wins this week it affects it.  Basically you have to hope you win every game, and hope every team you beat doesn't lose to anyone else.  Every time Tilghman gets skull dragged their RPI goes down, and so does the value of beating them.  Its Killing Mayfields RPI.  If they had beaten Union Co it would have been huge, since Union Co was unbeaten.  That drop in the endzone at the end of that 1 game will have Mayfield playing LCA 3rd round.  Just hope like heck LCA doesn't pass Mayfield in RPI where it will at least be a home game.

Both Mercer and Belfry lost which Friday night which was a lost opportunity for LCA to gain some ground. LCA plays Danville next week and then finishes with 6A Henry Clay. Henry Clay has already won more games then I thought they would which is great for LCA. The biggest factor for LCA other than RPI is getting healthy and staying healthy. I don't think they care where they have to travel to. 

On 10/16/2022 at 6:27 PM, snakesnot_2000 said:

It's an absolute joke McLean County is #2. But it is what it is.

On 10/16/2022 at 11:54 PM, killbilly usmc said:

They will likely swap places with Ocath after they play friday.  Ocath moves up Mclean moves down.  Mayfield probably stays 3rd.

I agree with this. I expect Owensboro Catholic to jump to #2 in RPI with a win over McLean County. Mayfield will stay at #3 with a win over Murray. McLean County should drop to #4.

Lexington Christian will move up and separate themselves further from Lloyd this week, even though both should win. Lloyd's opponent Holy Cross (Covington) has a worse record and much lower RPI than LCA's opponent Danville. Even with the addition of the Holmes game, I don't see Lloyd catching LCA in RPI, assuming both win their last two games. LCA's final game against a 6A team is going to be a big boost to their RPI. I don't think that will be enough to get LCA past Mayfield or Owensboro Catholic but it will lock them into the top 5 in RPI.

The biggest impact of Lloyd adding Holmes (if they beat them) will be solidifying Lloyd as the #2 team in the east in RPI, ahead of Breathitt County and Shelby Valley. That will give them home field till the semifinals (assuming they keep winning). That will be important considering the travel that will be likely for the road team in round 3.

• Like 1

On 10/16/2022 at 6:27 PM, snakesnot_2000 said:

It's an absolute joke McLean County is #2. But it is what it is.

Those four opening games against 5A schools that border them really game them a boost, even if those teams aren't good. McLean County does have a solid club but their #2 ranking won't matter if they lose to Owensboro Catholic. They'll likely be in a three-way tie for second with Hancock and Butler and in that case they'll have to travel to Mayfield in the second round no matter what. It typically takes care of itself but this will be a prime example of such.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, gchs_uk9 said:

Those four opening games against 5A schools that border them really game them a boost, even if those teams aren't good. McLean County does have a solid club but their #2 ranking won't matter if they lose to Owensboro Catholic. They'll likely be in a three-way tie for second with Hancock and Butler and in that case they'll have to travel to Mayfield in the second round no matter what. It typically takes care of itself but this will be a prime example of such.

I can tell you from last years experience, Mayfield isn't a fun place to have to go play. Not because the stadium isn't beautiful or the fans aren't great, but because they mean business on that field.

If Green County can win Friday night and somehow win the first round and second round of the playoffs, I believe they would end up traveling to Owensboro Catholic in round three if they pass Mayfield in RPI. Which I believe would set up a LCA at Mayfield round three game as well. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, KYFootballFanz said:

With Berger being out for Beechwood does Lloyd or Walton Verona have a shot to make it out that side of the bracket? 

If I am not mistaken, after Berger went out of the game last week Beechwood outscored Lloyd 21 to nothing. I would say Lloyd is at least 2 touchdowns better than Walton Verona.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, KYFootballFanz said:

With Berger being out for Beechwood does Lloyd or Walton Verona have a shot to make it out that side of the bracket? 

I think what gets lost in Berger’s injury, is the fact that Beechwood outscored Lloyd 20-0 after he was injured. Losing Berger is a big time loss for any team, but the cupboard isn’t bare. Walton has no shot of beating Beechwood and a slim shot of beating Lloyd in the 2nd round of the playoffs.