RPI Tracking 2A 2022

1 hour ago, FB Head said:

Is 3rd & 4th round still RPI East/West Or is it state wide?

38 minutes ago, DanvilleFan said:

3rd round is locked into RPI East/West and then the 4th round (semis) are statewide.

The 3rd round is where it could be really interesting with 2A RPI. Mayfield and LCA are both in the west.  Mayfield is almost certainly going to be the number one seed in the west. It could be that LCA is the number 4 seed when we get to round 3.  If you are thinking no way that will happen, right now by my count LCA is the #11 seed in the west. They might be even lower if they lose to Pikeville Friday. That means LCA and Mayfield could meet in round 3 of the playoffs and one of those two would be eliminated before the semifinals.

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

The 3rd round is where it could be really interesting with 2A RPI. Mayfield and LCA are both in the west.  Mayfield is almost certainly going to be the number one seed in the west. It could be that LCA is the number 4 seed when we get to round 3.  If you are thinking no way that will happen, right now by my count LCA is the #11 seed in the west. They might be even lower if they lose to Pikeville Friday. That means LCA and Mayfield could meet in round 3 of the playoffs and one of those two would be eliminated before the semifinals.

Then again if Beechwood is #1 and LCA is #4 they will meet in the semi finals. Owensboro Cath could play LCA before round 3. A lot of unknowns.

1 minute ago, snakesnot_2000 said:

If LCA is the the #4 seed overall and Beechwood is the #1  seed they will play in the semi's.

Correct. My point in the above posts is right now Mayfield and LCA are going to meet in round 3, before the semifinals. If LCA wins that game, then Mayfield is out before the semifinals. That would probably set up Beechwood versus LCA in the semifinals. Then in the title game the winner faces whoever makes it there out of everyone else in 2A.

14 minutes ago, snakesnot_2000 said:

I say LCA is going to be 6-4 or maybe 7-3. 7-3 might get them to the #4 position. If LCA goes to 5-5 , I will count them out as a contender.

If Boley comes back in time for the playoffs though who knows what can happen. We won’t truly know until regular season is over, RPI locks, and they create the bracket. 

4 hours ago, Tigerallamerican said:

A healthy LCA is not a team you want visiting your stadium in November. 

Couldn’t agree more. We are giving them all the fuel for the fire come playoff time. I surely don’t want them coming to ft. Mitchell in November. Really the best scenario would be mayfield and LCA both lose. But I’d say that is next to impossible.

Edited by theguru