Kentucky Cheerleading

Jumper_Dad

As a somewhat recent graduate of UK, this entire thing reeks of garbage. I follow several past UK cheerleaders and Hatz story coincides exactly with their story. Sounds like UK may have done a pretty crappy job of investigating this entire thing. The whole part talking about nudity and hazing seems completely made up. The alcohol thing holds weight because none of them are denying that. But the other accusations are suspect and the whole upset parent thing seems logical at this point.

I will say this, the garbage that you say was taking place, is something that basically all college age kids are or have taken part in. .

I think I disagree. I think there are a lot of college kids that do not and have not. I think this is just something that people say. Kind of like when someone smokes a lot of marijuana they will say "Everyone smokes marijuana" or when a married person is checking out someone that is not their spouse and they say "everyone looks."

Probably over half of college kids party, drink, and act a fool, especially if they are living on campus. I doubt it is "basically all" of them though.

• Like 1

Eww... I would find it inappropriate and cringy for my daughter/son to be nude in front of a coach in these circumstances.

As someone who sent 3 kids to college, there are a few eww moments I know about and undoubtedly a whole lot I don’t (and don’t want to know).

Bottom line, it was all females (I believe). The underage drinking is also not shocking. The fact that the coaches were present is a monumental error in judgement.

I wonder if this was an annual thing as alumni cheerleaders were there.

Also wonder who, if anyone was stupid enough to take photos (though everyone under the age of 30 can’t seem to help themselves).

I think I disagree. I think there are a lot of college kids that do not and have not. I think this is just something that people say. Kind of like when someone smokes a lot of marijuana they will say "Everyone smokes marijuana" or when a married person is checking out someone that is not their spouse and they say "everyone looks."

Probably over half of college kids party, drink, and act a fool, especially if they are living on campus. I doubt it is "basically all" of them though.

I agree.

I'd bet the farm that underage drinking was happening. Not as sure about drug use. I wouldn't be surprised either way if drugs were involved.

Broad spectrum, marijuana is still considered drug use but is socially acceptable almost as much as alcohol. Adderall was big in college, take it the right way and it's similar to cocaine or meth. Realistically it takes one person to bring it and a handful to partake.

As a somewhat recent graduate of UK, this entire thing reeks of garbage. I follow several past UK cheerleaders and Hatz story coincides exactly with their story. Sounds like UK may have done a pretty crappy job of investigating this entire thing. The whole part talking about nudity and hazing seems completely made up. The alcohol thing holds weight because none of them are denying that. But the other accusations are suspect and the whole upset parent thing seems logical at this point.

Over time facts will come out, maybe photos or interviews etc. I hate that those involved are called "kids" they're not. With that said. For most of them, mom, dad and the family aren't going to be too disappointed in them for drinking at the lake like they did back in the day. Admitting to that isn't a big deal and in doing so they're acknowledging it's not COMPLETELY bull crap, just maybe blown out of proportion.

Beyond that is where it gets dicey.

I just figured if drugs were involved it would have been mentioned, it would have strengthened the case against those fired.

I guess also, I don't assume everyone else is doing drugs. :)

I don't assume everyone is doing drugs. I assume college kids that are drinking at the lake are also doing drugs. :lol2:

So they were staying in Jabez? There are cabins that are a ways away from the water at Cumberland. This is a yearly deal where they go as a retreat. Alumni show up in Boats and the college kids go down to the water and meet up for a good time. Coaches stay in their cabins.

Who is at fault?

Do they need to be? :lol2:

Only if you consider weed a drug :lol:

I’m sure underage drinking was going on, and I’m not sure, but I don’t believe UK considers cheerleading a “sport” so I’m sure some of them were smoking if random drug tests weren’t being administered.

I doubt they were snorting coke off each other though :lol:

So they were staying in Jabez? There are cabins that are a ways away from the water at Cumberland. This is a yearly deal where they go as a retreat. Alumni show up in Boats and the college kids go down to the water and meet up for a good time. Coaches stay in their cabins.

Who is at fault?

Blame it on Jabez, if you're in Jabez...it's a party!!!

I can’t believe that UK or any university for that matter would cut several coaches loose over “garbage allegations”. To invitate a class action suit over nothing is nonsensical.

Only if you consider weed a drug :lol:

I’m sure underage drinking was going on, and I’m not sure, but I don’t believe UK considers cheerleading a “sport” so I’m sure some of them were smoking if random drug tests weren’t being administered.

I doubt they were snorting coke off each other though :lol:

What about therapeutic doses of prescription pills? So much more common than people realize, especially in college.

We definitely would agree to disagree then. It’s definitely more than half as you say, and would say the majority.