Mr. Football

Jeepman

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it comes down to Doug Beaumont, Nick Petrino, and Kasey Clark as the final 3.

Many others such as Vic Anderson, Chase Minnifield, and Ammons are all deserving to be mentioned as well.

I think you need to add Ben Revere to that list. He is the best player in Lexington, and ranks up there in the state. I think Beaumont from Male will win it!

No knock on Nick Petrino, but should he really finish ahead of Anderson, Ammons, Minnifield and Revere? I understand fully that he is a HUGE part of the (probably) best team in the state, but those young men seem to be much better all-around football players.

I agree with TheDeuce however, Beaumont wins the award.

I think you need to add Ben Revere to that list. He is the best player in Lexington, and ranks up there in the state. I think Beaumont from Male will win it!

Revere was an excellent player.

I would add Blessar, the qb from CovCath, to the list. The guys has had an amazing 5 week run in helping to lead CovCath to the championship game. Playing and putting great numbers up against Highlands, LexCath, and Johnson Central in back to back to back weeks is no small feat.

I think you have to go with Kasey Clark of Russell. He has helped lead his team to back to back trips to Louisville for the 2A finals. He has also scored more than 80 td's the past two years. He has proven to be a valuable defensive player as well as a fantastic receiver out of the backfield. For what he's done and for what he means to his team, I believe he deserves Mr. Football. He has also shown how "good" he is in the biggest games including last year's 2A final vs. Owensboro Catholic.

No knock on Nick Petrino, but should he really finish ahead of Anderson, Ammons, Minnifield and Revere? I understand fully that he is a HUGE part of the (probably) best team in the state, but those young men seem to be much better all-around football players.

I agree with TheDeuce however, Beaumont wins the award.

I agree that Petrino is a very big part of Trinity's success, however, he is not Mr. Football material. He has had a good year. I find it so funny that he was mentioned as a candidate at the start of the season, gets very little love throughout the season, and now is the leading candidate.... come on! This award goes to Beaumont hands down. Anderson faded in the late season and big games.

After the show Minnifield put friday night it would be hard for some voters to vote for some one else. You guys have to realize that he doesn't get the touches like the other top players get around 15 a game

It sounds like maybe he should have been getting those kind of touches.

Male at one stretch played X, Manual, Prp, X, and the Rocks. They lost to the Rocks as time ran out. And Douglas played both ways, returned kick offs, and punts. A team is not about one player and Douglas had plenty of help. I've watched high school football since 1966 and he is one of the best players I've ever seen. I think its the "both ways thing" is why.

Who are the leading rushers in the state? Shouldn't they get a little bit of consideration?

That greatly depends on level of competition. It also greatly depends on personal statistics. A divison 3 football player shouldn't win this award over a division 1 football player just because he rused for 2000 yards this season against poor competition. BTW, I am not thinking of anyone when I say this, I am just giving a scenario.