Mr. Football

Jeepman

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So whats going on with it? Last year at this time that's all everyone was talking about. This year no talk at all.

Probably because it's a two horse race this year between Beaumont and Petrino. Many others are great players but one of these two will win it and should.

It may have been voted on already, but the official announcement hasn't been released to my knowledge.

I think it usually comes out a week or two after the finals.

I could be wrong but we knew who Mr. football was prior to the championship games. I'm probable wrong.

:thumb:

Sorry for the confusion, Jeepman...I also have to agree with Bear's comments about also mentioning Ammons, and Minnifield.

No problem. I should have read your response closer. But don't you find it odd that it has not even been mentioned in weeks.

I would have to say Beaumont, Minnifield, Petrino, Clark and Anderson would be the top five guys and that's no knock on Ammons.

I saw him play and he was a very good high school QB but I didn't see him and think "Mr. Football." Now, when I saw Minnifield, Beaumont, Anderson and Petrino I was 'wowed' by those guys. Also, I will have to say I have seen Clark two times in his career and he's VERY good. I guess it's what you think Mr. Football should be? Ammons sure had the stats. Others also have the stats but only Clark and Petrino are still playing.

It's a tough call this year but I think Beaumont is the best player!