Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mr. Football

Featured Replies

Why is there no talk at all about the Mr. Football candidates. Or am I the only one that is not paying attention.

  • Replies 100
  • Views 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doug Beaumont from Male will be Mr. Football.

  • Author
Doug Beaumont from Male will be Mr. Football.

 

Please give Mr. Beaumont our congratulations from the east end of the state. Great job to a deserving young man. Again Congratulations.

How can Ammons not be Mr. Football ??

I think it comes down to Doug Beaumont, Nick Petrino, and Kasey Clark as the final 3.

 

Many others such as Vic Anderson, Chase Minnifield, and Ammons are all deserving to be mentioned as well.

  • Author
I think it comes down to Doug Beaumont, Nick Petrino, and Kasey Clark as the final 3.

 

Many others such as Vic Anderson and Ammons should be mentioned as well.

 

 

So are you saying it has not been decided?

It may have been voted on already, but the official announcement hasn't been released to my knowledge.

 

I think it usually comes out a week or two after the finals.

So are you saying it has not been decided?

 

The way I read the post was that it was TheDuece's opinion of who would or should win.

  • Author
The way I read the post was that it was TheDuece's opinion of who would or should win.

 

So whats going on with it? Last year at this time that's all everyone was talking about. This year no talk at all.

So whats going on with it? Last year at this time that's all everyone was talking about. This year no talk at all.

 

Probably because it's a two horse race this year between Beaumont and Petrino. Many others are great players but one of these two will win it and should.

  • Author
It may have been voted on already, but the official announcement hasn't been released to my knowledge.

 

I think it usually comes out a week or two after the finals.

 

I could be wrong but we knew who Mr. football was prior to the championship games. I'm probable wrong.

The way I read the post was that it was TheDuece's opinion of who would or should win.

 

:thumb:

 

Sorry for the confusion, Jeepman...I also have to agree with Bear's comments about also mentioning Ammons, and Minnifield.

  • Author
:thumb:

 

Sorry for the confusion, Jeepman...I also have to agree with Bear's comments about also mentioning Ammons, and Minnifield.

 

No problem. I should have read your response closer. But don't you find it odd that it has not even been mentioned in weeks.

I would have to say Beaumont, Minnifield, Petrino, Clark and Anderson would be the top five guys and that's no knock on Ammons.

 

I saw him play and he was a very good high school QB but I didn't see him and think "Mr. Football." Now, when I saw Minnifield, Beaumont, Anderson and Petrino I was 'wowed' by those guys. Also, I will have to say I have seen Clark two times in his career and he's VERY good. I guess it's what you think Mr. Football should be? Ammons sure had the stats. Others also have the stats but only Clark and Petrino are still playing.

 

It's a tough call this year but I think Beaumont is the best player!

Doug Beaumont from Male will be Mr. Football.

 

I agree very explosive player, on Offense and defense. I just thought he was the best player in KY this year, but very good other finalist's this year congrats to all mentioned

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.