Mr. Football

Jeepman

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're right but it would be tough to not give one to a guy that went for 3,777 47 tds and 1 int

Brian Brohm's 47-1 touchdown to interception ratio during his junior year might be one of the state of Kentucky's most amazing all-time statistics.

For anyone that has any knowledge of how difficult the position of quarterback is, that statistic is the most unbelievable one I had ever seen!

Slusher MIGHT could be considered Mr Football in South Eastern Ky but not the state.....I don't care if he's going to Auburn or not (by the way, if he does, IMO will not have an impact @ any time)

I'm sure being in the SE isn't helpful. But you're way off in your assessment. It may take longer to play at Auburn due to depth, but they don't waste scholarships. The coaching staff stays right with him and has already been to see him this week......why put so much effort into a non-impact player? I know it just bothers some folks, but Brent and Stuart both have a LONG and QUALITY list of offers. Even though they don't get the media push for glamour postions and teams like some others, they are every bit as deserving. I guess they will just have to settle for going to school for free...bet they are crushed :rolleyes:

BUT...be sure to let Coach Tubs and SOS know how you feel. I'm sure they'd love your contradictions to their opinions :cool:

I'm sure being in the SE isn't helpful. But you're way off in your assessment. It may take longer to play at Auburn due to depth, but they don't waste scholarships. The coaching staff stays right with him and has already been to see him this week......why put so much effort into a non-impact player? I know it just bothers some folks, but Brent and Stuart both have a LONG and QUALITY list of offers.

BUT...be sure to let Coach Tubs and SOS know how you feel. I'm sure they'd love your contradictions to their opinions :cool:

Calm down, it was JMO...By the way, I would LOVE to see an eastern Ky kid do good @ a great program like Auburn, I just don't think he will have an impact on the team. I hope you & other people get to prove me wrong in the future but like I said...it's my opinion.

By the way...it doesn't "bother" me that Brent has such a "LONG and QUALITY list of offers", I live in SE KY & love seeing kids go to the next level.

Calm down, it was JMO...By the way, I would LOVE to see an eastern Ky kid do good @ a great program like Auburn, I just don't think he will have an impact on the team. I hope you & other people get to prove me wrong in the future but like I said...it's my opinion.

By the way...it doesn't "bother" me that Brent has such a "LONG and QUALITY list of offers", I live in SE KY & love seeing kids go to the next level.

I didn't necessarily mean you personally. It just seems that a lot of the kids get bashed on here and it irritates me. I wish that everyone would support them all, wish them well, and be glad that they might help the perception of KY football change eventually.

I also think it is sad that lineman are mostly overlooked for this award. They are just as important as anyone else! Hard to get all those yards with a pitiful line isn't it? Hope Stuart is remembered!

That's a good point. All the talk about the glamour positions, but none about the lineman.

Who are some of the top OL and DL this year that should get some consideration for Mr. Football?