New BCS Standings

Royal Uncle

So if USC wins a close home game over ND, it makes them better than UM who crushed ND at their place. That's some serious flawed logic. ND is a common opponent. Did Bluefield St beat Illinois???

Common opponent, yes. Different variables? Absolutely.

North Carolina lost to Santa Clara, who lost to Cal-Poly, who lost to Eastern Washington, who lost to Denver, who lost to Loyola Marymount, who lost to UC-Riverside, who lost to Iona, who lost to Rider, who lost to Fairleigh Dickenson, who lost to Elon, who lost to Bluefield.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Common opponent, yes. Different variables? Absolutely.

North Carolina lost to Santa Clara, who lost to Cal-Poly, who lost to Eastern Washington, who lost to Denver, who lost to Loyola Marymount, who lost to UC-Riverside, who lost to Iona, who lost to Rider, who lost to Fairleigh Dickenson, who lost to Elon, who lost to Bluefield.

Right. As you said earlier. Apples and oranges. I thought basketball consideration was out because two teams from the same conference can play for a title???

Right. As you said earlier. Apples and oranges. I thought basketball consideration was out because two teams from the same conference can play for a title???

Tournament format. Basketball is entirely different.

Too often people want to compare scores. It is not a true measure in my opinion based on all the variables that come into play. Injuries, experience, team's gelling, teams going backwards and so forth.

Tournament format. Basketball is entirely different.

Too often people want to compare scores. It is not a true measure in my opinion based on all the variables that come into play. Injuries, experience, team's gelling, teams going backwards and so forth.

Where does that fit with ND in this situation? What has changed other than UM dominated them at home? Like I said, IF USC can thump ND, they move to #2 with me...

IMO I want to see the best two teams play. I think UM OSU are top 2. Plus I want to see another classic game. If im OSU i dont want a rematch cause i would be scared.

I dont see why people assume that if they play again that it would be another classic game. I honestly believe if their is a rematch that people will come away very disappointed. If they play again I would want UM to win because I HATE OSU, but IMO I think OSU would win the rematch by a decent margin. While if USC played OSU I think we could see another classic championship like last year IMO...

Don't you think Notre Dame is a lot better now than they were in September?

I would think they are.

If USC beats Notre Dame, they have the inside road to the title game.

The Men of Troy still have a rivalry game on Dec. 2nd with UCLA.

One thing about the OSU/UM game...was it really that close of a nail biter? I mean it was essentially a two score game after OSU shot to the lead in the second quarter.

Can USC catch Michigan in the computer standings? I don't think there will be a lot of movement in the human polls unless the Trojans destroy Notre Dame, so that's what it comes down to in my opinion.

I think with a Notre Dame and UCLA win...they do catch them in the pC's.

Funny how Wisconsin is forgotten as the #8 team in the BCS...

It doesn't matter where Wisconsin finishes, because the BCS only allows two teams per conference to participate in the BCS bowls. I could be wrong about this, but even if the Badgers finished #3 overall, they would have to pack for the Capital One Bowl.

I personally did not think Michigan played to a level that they deserve a rematch. They benefitted from OSU giving them HUGE, HUGE breaks that they did not force. Two snap fumbles and a penalty that sustained the drive to pull them within the final score. OSU does not make these mistakes that Michigan did not force and the game is not close.

But, alas, I fear there will be a rematch as Notre Dame will beat USC and Florida will not be able to catch up to Michigan in the BCS poll.

IMO what should happen is if USC wins out they deserve to be in the championship game, even though Im tired of them being there!

Now, if they lose then it gets interesting. Then there is Notre Dame, Michigan, UL, and Ark. I think that Notre Dame and Ark shouldnt make it because of how bad their losses were. Then there is Florida and Michigan left who were both beat in close games. Michigan is probably the better team, but they have already played Ohio St and lossed.

So I think it will be USC if they win out, Florida if they win out and USC loses, Michigan if both USC and Fla loses, and Arkansas doesnt really have a chance.