New BCS Standings

Royal Uncle

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It must be great to be Michigan. You lose to the only good team in your league and finish second in a league in which your other 9 members lose 28 of their 29 games against teams ranked in the top 25. The teams on your schedule have combined to win 3 out of 27 games against ranked opponents. The 3 big wins are Vandy beating #16 Georgia (now out of the top 25), ND beating #19 Penn St (now out of the top 25) and Indiana beating #15 Iowa ( now out of the top 25).

Still you remain the consensus #2 pick in the BCS.

Michigan has beaten noone who has beaten noone but because they are #2 in the BIG TEN they supposedly are head and shoulders above everyone else.

Sorry but if you aren't #1 in your conference you are not entitled to play for the NC period.

Close only counts in horseshoes.

Agree 100%:thumb:

Except that close counts in hand gernades as well as horseshoes.:D

Yesterday I saw an OSU team that was very beatable, I didnot see any defensive juggernaut nor offensive machine. I believe that Fla, Ark, USC, WVU, and Louisville are all better than Michigan offensively and could play OSU better than Michigan. ND has already proved they can't beat Michigan.

I don't understand this argument. I heard or read someone today say that this game was like a semi-final game and Michigan blew their chance. Actually, it was a regular season game between the best two teams in the country. No more, no less.

There's no way possible that anyone could justify the best team in the country (O$U), playing the 3rd best team in the country (presumably U$C) and calling it the National Championship. I said this before and no one responded. They say home field advantage in college football is worth 3-4 points. A neutral sight matchup is the only way to go...

That someone you read saying it was like a semi final game was me and my reason was that since thre is no playoff in college football the OSU / Mich game winner was going to Arizona and there was USC,ND,Fla.,Ark. still to play one another in the coming weeks and that could be seen as another semis final to whoever comes out of that. I also heard a couple of espn anylyst say basically this same thing. Michigan had the chance to beat Ohio State and take over the #1 spot and they didn't, game over. As for the neutral site the only way to go. The Buckeyes and that school up north play on a rotating home and home basis every year, this year happened to be in Columbus. I also assume that you are talking about a possible rematch for the title being on a neutral field.....considering the Buckeyes sucsess in Arizona/Fiesta Bowls I consider that Ohio Stadium West.:D :D .

That someone you read saying it was like a semi final game was me and my reason was that since thre is no playoff in college football the OSU / Mich game winner was going to Arizona and there was USC,ND,Fla.,Ark. still to play one another in the coming weeks and that could be seen as another semis final to whoever comes out of that. I also heard a couple of espn anylyst say basically this same thing. Michigan had the chance to beat Ohio State and take over the #1 spot and they didn't, game over. As for the neutral site the only way to go. The Buckeyes and that school up north play on a rotating home and home basis every year, this year happened to be in Columbus. I also assume that you are talking about a possible rematch for the title being on a neutral field.....considering the Buckeyes sucsess in Arizona/Fiesta Bowls I consider that Ohio Stadium West.:D :D .

I can understand why you don't want a rematch... :sssh:

So you're the moron...:D just kidding.

Seriously, everyone has a loss, some at home and some on the road. Michigan loses to the best team in the country, by three, on the road. That's more impressive than what USC, Florida and Arkansas have done, IMO since they lost to weaker teams. Also, can we please leave ND out of this conversation. (Not you rambler, the media) Florida or Arkansas will be eliminated because of 2 losses. I still don't understand a National Championship game with the best and third best team...

Of course I meant the rematch being on a neutral field...

I can understand why you don't want a rematch... :sssh:

:laugh: :laugh: Not for the reasons you think GT, The Buckeyes had 3 turnovers to Mich.'s none and still came out on top. Actually OSU didn't play that great of a overall game imo and still won. Seriously, I just think the two have already played and a title game should be between two teams that haven't met this season. JMO. Michigan can make a case, they are very good and I am not saying their not. Also, I would feel the same way if Mich. would have beaten my Buckeyes yesterday (no rematch for the Buckeyes). I just thought I would put that out there before someone ask;).

:laugh: :laugh: Not for the reasons you think GT, The Buckeyes had 3 turnovers to Mich.'s none and still came out on top. Actually OSU didn't play that great of a overall game imo and still won. Seriously, I just think the two have already played and a title game should be between two teams that haven't met this season. JMO. Michigan can make a case, they are very good and I am not saying their not. Also, I would feel the same way if Mich. would have beaten my Buckeyes yesterday (no rematch for the Buckeyes). I just thought I would put that out there before someone ask;).

I agree because IMO, a home loss is more devastating...

New Man Rules:

#1 Any team that can not win its conference championship (Mich) and;

#2 Any team that loses by 26 points on their home field (ND) shall not play for NC.

All signify by saying AY. Any opposed. Both Rules are is passed.

It's unamimous.

I still don't understand a National Championship game with the best and third best team...

Mitts I respect what you are saying (and by the way am not calling you a moron either:D just kidding;) ) My way of looking at it and that is just what it is...my opinion is that Michigan should not be #2 now. They lost and teams behind them won. This could go back and forth forever and we are just stating our reasons for our opinions. I will agree to disagree with you on this. Thanks for keeping this disagreement respectful.:thumb:

Mitts I respect what you are saying (and by the way am not calling you a moron either:D just kidding;) ) My way of looking at it and that is just what it is...my opinion is that Michigan should not be #2 now. They lost and teams behind them won. This could go back and forth forever and we are just stating our reasons for our opinions. I will agree to disagree with you on this. Thanks for keeping this disagreement respectful.:thumb:

I would buy it if the USC loss wasn't to a team like Oregon State...