New BCS Standings

Royal Uncle

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mitts I respect what you are saying (and by the way am not calling you a moron either:D just kidding;) ) My way of looking at it and that is just what it is...my opinion is that Michigan should not be #2 now. They lost and teams behind them won. This could go back and forth forever and we are just stating our reasons for our opinions. I will agree to disagree with you on this. Thanks for keeping this disagreement respectful.:thumb:

That's ok. I've had a lifelong problem with the way rankings are done. If #2 loses to #1 by three at #1's house, should they drop in the rankings? I mean, the reason they're ranked #2 is because they're not as good as #1. #1 could possibly be better by only 3 points at home. It's something I've struggled with in football and basketball.

In a tournament setting, this is not a tournament setting, plus you wouldn't meet a conference opponent until the region finals.

College football is at the far end of the spectrum when comparing it to March Madness.

Right. It's not a tournament setting. It's a system designed to match the top two teams in the final game. The only way that is accomplished is a rematch...

In a tournament setting, this is not a tournament setting, plus you wouldn't meet a conference opponent until the region finals.

College football is at the far end of the spectrum when comparing it to March Madness.

Take UNC/Duke. They play each other at the end of the year, possibly in the conference tournament and then could play again in the NCAA tournament. Why can they play more than once but football teams can't?

Apples to apples.

Both have one loss, so you look at the loss...

Disagree completely. Should USC win out, they're in if I'm king. Their entire body of work is more impressive and it should be rewarded. UM had 2 tough games this year separated by about 7 weeks. They were not tested like USC has been tested.

If USC loses, the rematch is on.

You guys that are hating on Michigan are not being realistic. I am a huge OHIO STATE fan, wish U of M would lose every game they play. But Michigan is the second best team in the nation, certainly the best 1 loss team. I've said it before, but w/ the thumping they put on Notre Dame, and the way they play the BUCKEYES, they earned a spot as the best 1 loss team. The thought of U 0f M winning a nat'l title makes me sick, but they are more deserving of a second loss than anyone else is.

So if UM and OSU do end up in the title game. Then basically all both teams had to do was win one good out side of conference game, and then just beat up on the rest of the weak Big 10 teams and they both will get to be in the title game, since it wouldn't matter what they had to do when they play the only other good team in their conference...

I don't understand this argument. I heard or read someone today say that this game was like a semi-final game and Michigan blew their chance. Actually, it was a regular season game between the best two teams in the country. No more, no less.

There's no way possible that anyone could justify the best team in the country (O$U), playing the 3rd best team in the country (presumably U$C) and calling it the National Championship. I said this before and no one responded. They say home field advantage in college football is worth 3-4 points. A neutral sight matchup is the only way to go...

It is very possible that people can justify having OSU play USC in the game and calling it the National Championship. If USC wins out they would have had a great resume on their schedule, and would very much deserve to be in the title game. While UM had one good outside of conference win and then the rest of the wins came against mostly weak Big 10 teams this year, and when they played the only other good team in their conference they lost. While if USC wins out they also would have a win over ND, but also wins over other good teams...

IMO i dont want to see another rematch. Although I do think that Mich and Ohio St. are the 2 best teams, I dont think that a rematch should be played as a National Championship. If Notre Dame beats USC I dont see why ND wouldnt be qualified to go to the NC. Also Florida will have to lose.

IMO i dont want to see another rematch. Although I do think that Mich and Ohio St. are the 2 best teams, I dont think that a rematch should be played as a National Championship. If Notre Dame beats USC I dont see why ND wouldnt be qualified to go to the NC. Also Florida will have to lose.

ND got pummeled at home...