Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Covington Catholic vs. Johnson Central

Who wins? 292 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • Covington Catholic
      64%
    • Johnson Central
      35%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Dudley was at the game Friday night and talked in length to some of the JC coaches.......;) ;) ;)

I bet that was interesting to say the least. I wouldn't be surprised if Dudley isn't in charge of the field this week. CCH better get the 3/4" screw-ins ordered today.:scared: :sssh:

  • Replies 478
  • Views 40.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bet that was interesting to say the least. I wouldn't be surprised if Dudley isn't in charge of the field this week. CCH better get the 3/4" screw-ins ordered today.:scared: :sssh:

 

Maybe that would be a good idea. :laugh: :scared:

Knowing not a single thing about Johnson Central's program (No offense meant, I have never seen them play and we never got to play against them while I was at CCH so I truly no hardly anything) doesn't help making my prediction easier. CCH's offense exploded against Lexcath. If not for a called back touchdown that Bleser had (terrible call IMO) they would have won by more. If CCH's offense can continue like this and their defense doesn't give up the big plays they can beat alot of teams. I'll say:

 

CCH 35

JC 21

Knowing not a single thing about Johnson Central's program (No offense meant, I have never seen them play and we never got to play against them while I was at CCH so I truly no hardly anything) doesn't help making my prediction easier. CCH's offense exploded against Lexcath. If not for a called back touchdown that Bleser had (terrible call IMO) they would have won by more. If CCH's offense can continue like this and their defense doesn't give up the big plays they can beat alot of teams. I'll say:

 

CCH 35

JC 21

 

I have zero doubt CCH will see a much tougher defense this week than they did in Lexington.

I have zero doubt CCH will see a much tougher defense this week than they did in Lexington.

 

 

And they still managed to put up 56 and had some chances to put up more. :scared: :ylsuper:

And they still managed to put up 56 and had some chances to put up more. :scared: :ylsuper:

 

I must be missing your point.

And they still managed to put up 56 and had some chances to put up more. :scared: :ylsuper:

 

I think cshs81 is saying that Lex Cath's defense was not that tough

Johnson Central 28-27.

ALL of the pressure will be on Covington Catholic Friday. This Johnson Central team has already exceeded nearly everybody's expectations of them and they will without doubt be remembered as the best team in the school's history for at least a few months. OTOH, Covington Catholic's players and supporters will consider this a disappointing season if they lose to a team that had never even played in a regional title game before Friday night.

 

The Golden Eagles should enter Friday's game with confidence and determination, but they will also be playing the role of an underdog who has nothing to lose. It will take a great effort for Johnson Central to upset the Colonels, but the team has a lot of momentum and the talent to pull it off if the ball bounces in their favor.

I do not thing that Johnson Central has seen the speed that they are about to see, this week, it is great they have a good defense and all that but, there is no defense that can stop a team that is 3 x as fast as you.

I do not thing that Johnson Central has seen the speed that they are about to see, this week, it is great they have a good defense and all that but, there is no defense that can stop a team that is 3 x as fast as you.

Trust me, the first time one of your players gets hit by Johnson Central's defense, they will not want the ball anymore.

I think cshs81 is saying that Lex Cath's defense was not that tough

 

I think that JC's defense is not going to give up the big plays like LC's. It will a more traditional tough-nosed defense like CCH is used to playing against. I don't like for CCH to put up 700 yards of offense.

OTOH, Covington Catholic's players and supporters will consider this a disappointing season if they lose to a team that had never even played in a regional title game before Friday night.

 

.

 

100% false. We'll be disappointed in the loss but we would be morons to then translate that one loss in the state semi-finals into a "disappointing season."

100% false. We'll be disappointed in the loss but we would be morons to then translate that one loss in the state semi-finals into a "disappointing season."
I hope that we get a chance to find out how "100%" of CovCath fans view the season following a loss to the Golden Eagles. I think that a great many of your fans are expecting a state title, especially after sweeping Highlands this season. To have the season end in an upset to a team that had never even played in a regional final would be a shock to those fans. IMO, both of these teams have already had great seasons and a loss on Friday will not diminish their accomplishments. I just think that CCH will carry a much heavier burden of expectations into the game than JC.
I do not thing that Johnson Central has seen the speed that they are about to see, this week, it is great they have a good defense and all that but, there is no defense that can stop a team that is 3 x as fast as you.

 

I will admit that I do not know as much about Cov Cath as many on here do. With that said, I had no idea that Cov Cath had guys that could run a 1.67 40time. (that is assuming that many of JC's speed guys run only a 5 flat 40...which most, if not all, of them are faster than that). Sounds like the Colonels speedsters need to be running in the Olympics.

 

JC has also done a good job of getting penetration into the backfield. And that, as most knowledgeable football fans know, is a pretty good defense against speed. It's hard to get to top speed when the point of first contact occurs in the backfield.

 

I hope that the rest of Cov Cath fans, coaches and players are as confident as you seem to be.

 

 

Go Eagles!!!

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.