Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Covington Catholic vs. Johnson Central

Who wins? 292 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • Covington Catholic
      64%
    • Johnson Central
      35%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

  • Author
And one more important thing to consider: for all the true Catholics out there coming to the game (and this would've mattered a lot to all the ones I've known in my life), Johnson County is a dry county. Talk about culture shock, eh?

:ylsuper:

  • Replies 478
  • Views 40.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And one more important thing to consider: for all the true Catholics out there coming to the game (and this would've mattered a lot to all the ones I've known in my life), Johnson County is a dry county. Talk about culture shock, eh?

 

No more important than to Protestants. You just succeeded in outdoing CCH internet guys in the :rolleyes: comment department.

No more important than to Protestants. You just succeeded in outdoing CCH internet guys in the :rolleyes: comment department.

 

Before my PM box fills with comments from offended abstaining Catholics, that was merely a joke. (And a warning, for anybody who comes expecting a drink with their dinner at any local dining establishment.) There are many local Protestants who are just as upset about the arrangement, as well.

Do they hit as hard Cincinnati St. Xavier, Cincinnati Elder, Col. Bishop Watterson & Highlands??

 

No, but they hit harder than the Cincinnati Bengals.

Have you guys seen who CovCath has played this year? They've played a lot more than Highlands and LexCath.

 

Some interesting numbers against two Class A schools. Very impressive.

When I made the comment on how hard JC hits, I didnt expect this kind of backlash. But oh well, that is the beauty of bluegrasspreps.com

 

Johnson Central will not be looking to land any cheap shots. They will ready to play football. As far as CCH jumping all over JC, I dont look for that to happen.

I don't either, I was just going by the many comments made about how they hit hard. I know full well that the JC players are just as focused. I was merely pointing out that hitting hard isn't enough to get the job done. As I said in an earlier post, I expect a very good game from two very good teams.
Some interesting numbers against two Class A schools. Very impressive.
:rolleyes: Good thing for JC that the players don't have this attitude.
Sorry to interrupt your "woe is us" monologue, but to echo cshs81, there aren't any CCH fans that would call a loss to JC in your place the end to a disappointing season. Believe me, if CCH fans thought this game was going to be easy there wouldn't be all of these folks (including me) planning on driving 4 hours the day after Thanksgiving to watch. We'd just wait until Louisville. We are well aware of how difficult this game will be. I think, given the game being in Paintsville, and the unblemished record of the Eagles, you have to consider CCH underdogs. Heck, it's their first game on grass and they have a long bus ride ahead of them. :D
:laugh: Underdogs? I am a big Golden Eagle fan, but Covington Catholic is a solid favorite in the upcoming game for the same reason that JC was a solid favorite against Rockcastle this past Friday. CovCath is ranked ahead of JC in every computer ranking and poll in existence, I believe, and rightfully so. This is the first game that the relative SOS of JC and its opponent may be a factor. I suspect that the Colonels will also enjoy an overall edge in experience.

 

Don't get me wrong, I think that Johnson Central is capable of upsetting Covington Catholic with a near perfect game, but the home field advantage is not nearly enough to make our NKY friends underdogs in this one.

Some interesting numbers against two Class A schools. Very impressive.
I'm not sure what that comment means, but the Class A teams that CovCath played are two of the best in the state, much stronger than the one that Johnson Central faced,
I think you forgetting Watterson.
Elder and St. Xavier were the two I knew off the top of my head. Didn't remember Watterson. Just add them to the list ...
Elder and St. Xavier were the two I knew off the top of my head. Didn't remember Watterson. Just add them to the list ...

 

Not that it matters, but Watterson was just eliminated in the Ohio DII quarterfinals.

With all due respect, CovCath has been there a time or two and will not be shocked at how hard JC hits. They will be focused on the task at hand and will not feel pressured. I am quite sure JC hits extremely hard just I am equally sure that CovCath has faced teams that hit extremely hard. It's not going to intimidate them and I'm sure that the players for JC aren't hanging their hat on the fact that they hit hard. If they are, game over because CovCath will jump all over them.

This is the best analysis I've read so far. JC is dreaming if they think they are the hardest hitting team the Colonels have played this year. Seriously, and no offense intended here, but they might not even be in the top 5 of the teams that Covcath has played this year! There have been at least 3 teams mentioned that would probably beat them by 3-4 touchdowns. They will see come Friday night. Win or lose, the Colonels will have played a much, much tougher schedule and been tested by some of the best teams in this part of the country, not just the state of Ky. Go Colonels and bring the hardware back to NKY were 3A (and future 5A Championships!) belong!

Before my PM box fills with comments from offended abstaining Catholics, that was merely a joke. (And a warning, for anybody who comes expecting a drink with their dinner at any local dining establishment.) There are many local Protestants who are just as upset about the arrangement, as well.

So are you telling me that the local lawmen will be out enforcing this if we happen to be having a cold one in the parking lot ?(for those in a dry county it's called "tailgating") that was said with tongue planted in cheek.

Sorry to interrupt your "woe is us" monologue, but to echo cshs81, there aren't any CCH fans that would call a loss to JC in your place the end to a disappointing season. Believe me, if CCH fans thought this game was going to be easy there wouldn't be all of these folks (including me) planning on driving 4 hours the day after Thanksgiving to watch. We'd just wait until Louisville. We are well aware of how difficult this game will be. I think, given the game being in Paintsville, and the unblemished record of the Eagles, you have to consider CCH underdogs. Heck, it's their first game on grass and they have a long bus ride ahead of them. :D

 

 

Nice try.... :laugh:

So are you telling me that the local lawmen will be out enforcing this if we happen to be having a cold one in the parking lot ?(for those in a dry county it's called "tailgating") that was said with tongue planted in cheek.

 

Yes, but our regional jail is quite nice being relatively new. I'm not sure about the amenities, but it has a beautiful view of the river. For those from a wet county its called "bootlegging".

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.