Covington Catholic vs. Johnson Central

ochenta siete

Who wins?  

292 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

Did you see them play? If not how can you say they would have lost 4 or 5 games against CCHS's schedule?

I am not taking anything away from JC. They are a great football team. That was just an opinion. And JC does have a chance to beat CCH. I was only saying that the teams that CCH played had more talent then the teams JC played. And I think they would have trouble beating them.

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not taking anything away from JC. They are a great football team. That was just an opinion. And JC does have a chance to beat CCH. I was only saying that the teams that CCH played had more talent then the teams JC played. And I think they would have trouble beating them.
This very well may be true, but I would not get bet against JC. CCH may beat them maybe even beat them bad, but so far defensively this team has been very good. All JC fans have heard all year is that they haven't played anyone. I just think they haven't played anyone in their class. Rock Castle is a very respectable team, but they were not near the same level as JC last friday. Win or loose I am proud of the Eagles they have been a joy to watch this year. It is a well earned honor to play CCH in the state semis. CCH is thought to be the states number 1 AAA team in the state, and I have a feeling JC will earn the repect from the NORTH after this game is over.

The build up and the expending of anticipatory energy is a fun part of high school sports; hypothetical comparison of schedules and "would'ves" is understandable, but about as useful as discussing who's dad could beat up your dad...with that being said....my 2 cents worth:

JC, from all accounts, (not just BGP reading), is more than a worthy opponent. The Colonels have nothing but respect for them. NO one in Park HIlls with their head on straight thinks their schedule or anything else is going to matter one iota come kick off Friday night. The Colonels are going into the back yard of a very good football team, with an awesome season under their belts, against a team and a program with lots of pride and tradition. CCH knows they will have to earn any success they may enjoy Friday, and they realize that it will take a full four quarters of execution and toughness to get out with a win. Having had the wonderful experience of two state championships many moons ago, I know that all bets are off relative to mental advantage. Both these teams believe they are the better team, both have fought their way to this point, both have earned the right to walk on that field expecting to win. I truly wish all the kids a night filled with injury-free excitement and lifelong memories. Soak it up! Leave it all on the field...win or lose you will get goose pimples for years to come when you think back to November 24, 2006. Go Colonels!

All JC fans have heard all year is that they haven't played anyone. I just think they haven't played anyone in their class.
Please. The schedule was soft. None of Johnson Central's non-district opponents won a playoff game. Only one of them made it to the postseason. Johnson Central is a very good team, but the schedule was not.

CCH is thought to be the states number 1 AAA team in the state
Actually, a lot of people think Bowling Green is.

The build up and the expending of anticipatory energy is a fun part of high school sports; hypothetical comparison of schedules and "would'ves" is understandable, but about as useful as discussing who's dad could beat up your dad...with that being said....my 2 cents worth:

JC, from all accounts, (not just BGP reading), is more than a worthy opponent. The Colonels have nothing but respect for them. NO one in Park HIlls with their head on straight thinks their schedule or anything else is going to matter one iota come kick off Friday night. The Colonels are going into the back yard of a very good football team, with an awesome season under their belts, against a team and a program with lots of pride and tradition. CCH knows they will have to earn any success they may enjoy Friday, and they realize that it will take a full four quarters of execution and toughness to get out with a win. Having had the wonderful experience of two state championships many moons ago, I know that all bets are off relative to mental advantage. Both these teams believe they are the better team, both have fought their way to this point, both have earned the right to walk on that field expecting to win. I truly wish all the kids a night filled with injury-free excitement and lifelong memories. Soak it up! Leave it all on the field...win or loose you will get goose pimples for years to come when you think back to November 24, 2006. Go Colonels!

:thumb: Go Eagles.

Yes, it was, especially the non-district portion of the schedule. Six of the 10 teams JC played in the regular season had losing records, and four of their five non-district opponents failed to make it to the postseason. The only one that did, Paintsville, was in Class A and was knocked out in the first round.

We didn't just beat teams. We anihilated them, save one of 13. Rock had a much tougher schedule, so everyone says. 29-7. Not 20-17, not 16-14, and had we been worried about scoring on the final drive rather than eating clock, it would have been 36-7. Take away Rock's lone TD, which came on a blatant busted assignment, and it would have been a shutout. Ergo, their schedule ends up even tougher and our's gets weaker. There are two 3A teams left standing...the J'ville "Fightin' Brats" and the "Catholic Colonels" (is that an oxymoron or does it just sound like one?). Keep the strength of schedule argument coming!!

We didn't just beat teams. We anihilated them, save one of 13.
Yeah, because a lot of those teams weren't very good.

Rock had a much tougher schedule, so everyone says.
Not me. I said as much last week.

Keep the strength of schedule argument coming!!
Play a tougher schedule, and those comments will stop.

I give up...you guys missed my post 198...if these teams played the same schedules, we could compare with a little bit of reasonable accuracy. Even that would be flawed in that things change from the beginning of a season to now, injuries that heal, adjustments that are made etc. But if you inisist on staying with this line of logic......our mascot can beat up your mascot!

I'm not sure what that comment means, but the Class A teams that CovCath played are two of the best in the state, much stronger than the one that Johnson Central faced,

I'll explain, even though I really shouldn't have to. At a minimum, JC would have beaten those teams just as badly. I know it doesn't mean anything necessarily, but NewCath lost to Belfry, 7-6; Pikeville lost to Belfry by one or two, and should have won, and Pikeville played Henry Clay into the 4th Q; Hazard beat Paintsville in a miraculous comeback in the playoffs, at Hazard, on the final play of the game; Hazard beat Pikeville, at Pikeville in the playoffs weekend before last. JC was up on Paintsville 36-0 (more than CCHS scored on either of its Class A opponents in an entire game) with nearly 2 minutes to go in the FIRST quarter last month, AT Paintsville. I admit, although true, this kind of analysis means nothing in the end, but at least its factual and not hyperbole.

At a minimum, JC would have beaten those teams just as badly.
That's debatable. I don't think that Ashland and Rockcastle County, the two best teams Johnson Central has played, are better than (or even as good as) Newport Catholic and Beechwood.

I admit, although true, this kind of analysis means nothing in the end, but at least its factual and not hyperbole.
Exactly what is factual about your first highlighted statement?