Covington Catholic vs. Johnson Central

ochenta siete

Who wins?  

292 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

Referring to the area (as it is commonly referenced, and has been for years). You know...follow me now, e.g., Dallas/Ft. Worth, Minneapolis/St. Paul, and sometimes it even works in threes, e.g., Bristol/Kingsport/Johnson City (hey...Johnson City...nah, I still like Johnsonville). So yes, Covington/Newport.

Just say "greater Cincy area"... ;)

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They havent reserved seats for the visitors all year so i would say that once CC fans get there the visitor side will be full of black and gold.The only thing i seen them reserve was seats for the other schools bands And all other Eastern Kentucky Schools fans will be there to as there was multiple people from other schools in that section last week. But i personally will not take your alls seats.:thumb:

Louisville had a great idea this year when they played WVU. They had a "blackout." They asked all their fans to dress in black.

Johnson Central needs to have something like that. Have all JC fans dress in yellow.

Louisville had a great idea this year when they played WVU. They had a "blackout." They asked all their fans to dress in black.

Johnson Central needs to have something like that. Have all JC fans dress in yellow.

I dont even think i have a yellow shirt.

Yes but even at the Team from Ft. Thomas Field, they leave the visitors section for the visitors. Not looking for a ton of seats or even half, but at least the Students of CovCath should have seats, or at a minimum the parents of the players, and yes JC could easily rope off a section of seats for the CovCath fans based on the amount of tickets CovCath sold, as the CovCath tickets are clearly marked Covington Catholic High School.....It really wouldn't be that hard to do, as to enter the CovCath section you must show a CovCath ticket.....pretty simple really......

Johnson Central only has 1 gate. Their is a pass gate, but since no coaches or referee passes will be taken, it will not be used. And yes, their will be a fence around the track so fans from both teams can stand. As far as holding seats for CCH, dont look for that to happen. Maybe the band, but that will be it. Their will be enough room for everybody to watch the game.

Yes, but our regional jail is quite nice being relatively new. I'm not sure about the amenities, but it has a beautiful view of the river. For those from a wet county its called "bootlegging".

uhhhh... It's NOT a river. The jail (and Central HS) is on Paint Creek.

;)

What I really dont understand is why you or any one else would waste the first minute worring about anything that westsider had to say. Most of you guys are familiar with some of these expert sportswriters that know all about the game, can tell everyone else what they are doing wrong, are always right on everything , yet never played the game. Westsider reminds me of one of those type of guys. Sort of the "Max Mercy" of bluegrasspreps. He sits behind his computer and never sees 99% of the teams he is an expert on. He is never going to say anything good about Johnson Central anyways, so why worry about it.

I take it you have some history (lol). Naw, I'm not wastin' time...more like killin' time. Just having fun, and we're all entitled to our opinion. His is just wrong.

Johnson Central only has 1 gate. Their is a pass gate, but since no coaches or referee passes will be taken, it will not be used. And yes, their will be a fence around the track so fans from both teams can stand. As far as holding seats for CCH, dont look for that to happen. Maybe the band, but that will be it. Their will be enough room for everybody to watch the game.

:lol:

Now the big question, will the JC crowd be allowed to overflow into the CovCath section since it will be extremely hard for anyone from NKy to arrive by 4pm when the gates open? I guess what I am asking is will the CovCath fans have a place to sit or will the JC fans just take over both the the home and visitors section by just arriving earlier, thus leaving the CovCath fans nothing but standing room only? I understand when and if we bring 3,000 to the game, plenty of CovCath fans will be standing, but I can only assume that there is a visitors section, and will that be for the CovCath fans only?

BTW congrat to both sides for not having this thread closed. It started out a little rough, but it has been fun, and I am looking forward to visiting the EagleNest......

There really is no visitors' section, per se, but they generally have 25 to 30% of the bleachers, mainly because JC fans sit elsewhere. During the last Ashland game, JC fans overflowed into the traditional visitors' area. Rock didn't have 1/2 the fans Ashland had, and there appeared to be a little more room. I doubt CovCath will bring any more than Rock, but if they do, they should get here as early as possible.

Actually, Highlands has a higher power rating than Johnson Central, but the overall rating suffers because of its record against a tough schedule. It's the one aspect of the Massey Ratings that bothers me ... it appears to penalize teams for playing tough schedules.

There's a penalty only in proportion to how badly you lose to a "tough" team.

Just playing good teams isn't enough. You have to play tough against tough teams... Any loss to a bad team will hurt FAR more than all but a whitewash to a good team in the Massey rankings.

:sssh: