Covington Catholic vs. Johnson Central

ochenta siete

Who wins?  

292 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

Covington Catholic has sold, or at least taken, 3,000 tickets already and they have requested more. That kind of support is very impressive from a program whose fans will be driving at least 3-1/2 hours to the game. Hopefully, our fans will not be outnumbered. If everybody shows up, JC should have its largest crowd to every watch a football game Friday night.

Cov Cath does bring quite a large crowd. We had more fans than Lex Cath last Friday.

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, they will let people stand around the track behind the temporary fence that has been put up. they'll sell tickets to as many as wants to buy'em.

Now the big question, will the JC crowd be allowed to overflow into the CovCath section since it will be extremely hard for anyone from NKy to arrive by 4pm when the gates open? I guess what I am asking is will the CovCath fans have a place to sit or will the JC fans just take over both the the home and visitors section by just arriving earlier, thus leaving the CovCath fans nothing but standing room only? I understand when and if we bring 3,000 to the game, plenty of CovCath fans will be standing, but I can only assume that there is a visitors section, and will that be for the CovCath fans only?

BTW congrat to both sides for not having this thread closed. It started out a little rough, but it has been fun, and I am looking forward to visiting the EagleNest......

They havent reserved seats for the visitors all year so i would say that once CC fans get there the visitor side will be full of black and gold.The only thing i seen them reserve was seats for the other schools bands And all other Eastern Kentucky Schools fans will be there to as there was multiple people from other schools in that section last week. But i personally will not take your alls seats.:thumb:

They havent reserved seats for the visitors all year so i would say that once CC fans get there the visitor side will be full of black and gold.The only thing i seen them reserve was seats for the other schools bands And all other Eastern Kentucky Schools fans will be there to as there was multiple people from other schools in that section last week. But i personally will not take your alls seats.:thumb:

Well thats mighty hospitable:irked: oh well I'd probably be standing anyways. What are the chances that this game will set the attendance record, my guess is that it will.

That's okay. I am sure the home side of the field is probably a nicer place to sit. I will gladly sit on the home field side to leave room for the "black and gold" fans on the visitors side.

Anybody that knows Matney knows he believes in scheduling tough teams. His philosophy is he would rather go 6-4 and make a deep run in the playoffs than go undefeated. But like its been said this turn around came faster than anyone would have guessed. He has also had trouble finding tough teams close to home (or any team close to home) to play. You have to remember this program was down and lacked alot of support. One of his goals (im assuming) was to get the fan support up. Which he did an awesome job. Maybe one of the best atmospheres in high school football.

Now that the program has turned the corner, I would be willing to bet more good local teams will schedule JC. Two years ago, it was inevident that the Golden Eagles would be this good, this quick. There is a lot more at stake now when you step on the field with them, and that makes a matchup more attractive for better teams, IMO.

Combine that with the fact that most local teams that would otherwise be an attractive matchup with them are already in their district. There are a few, however, that should step up and schedule them, especially with the new alignment adding some flexibility.

That's okay. I am sure the home side of the field is probably a nicer place to sit. I will gladly sit on the home field side to leave room for the "black and gold" fans on the visitors side.

I sit on the home side and no it is not nicer it is the same as the other. JC only has one set of seats on one side of the feild so when there side of the stands fills up they kind of get over into the visitors section. But if you want to set on the home side you are more than welcome.

Now the big question, will the JC crowd be allowed to overflow into the CovCath section since it will be extremely hard for anyone from NKy to arrive by 4pm when the gates open? I guess what I am asking is will the CovCath fans have a place to sit or will the JC fans just take over both the the home and visitors section by just arriving earlier, thus leaving the CovCath fans nothing but standing room only? I understand when and if we bring 3,000 to the game, plenty of CovCath fans will be standing, but I can only assume that there is a visitors section, and will that be for the CovCath fans only?

BTW congrat to both sides for not having this thread closed. It started out a little rough, but it has been fun, and I am looking forward to visiting the EagleNest......

JC seating is just like Highlands they just have one section of seats on one side of the field . But they don't have as large of a section that highlands have and one other thing that is different than Highlands is JC's team is on the side that the seating is as to were Highlands keeps their team on the other side of the field. So I would say get ready to stand up for the entire game because JC and the surrounding schools in the area will more than fill all the seats up. ;)

JC seating is just like Highlands they just have one section of seats on one side of the field . But they don't have as large of a section that highlands have and one other thing that is different than Highlands is JC's team is on the side that the seating is as to were Highlands keeps their team on the other side of the field. So I would say get ready to stand up for the entire game because JC and the surrounding schools in the area will more than fill all the seats up. ;)

Yes but even at the Team from Ft. Thomas Field, they leave the visitors section for the visitors. Not looking for a ton of seats or even half, but at least the Students of CovCath should have seats, or at a minimum the parents of the players, and yes JC could easily rope off a section of seats for the CovCath fans based on the amount of tickets CovCath sold, as the CovCath tickets are clearly marked Covington Catholic High School.....It really wouldn't be that hard to do, as to enter the CovCath section you must show a CovCath ticket.....pretty simple really......

Wow. Usually your at least some what close to the facts. But are you way off on this on. Matney has faced several top passing teams and one of the best ever. 98 Highlands team was one of the best passing teams KY has ever had. Lorenzen and Gino throwing the ball down the feild. That is what you would call a "top-flight" passing team. Also Belfry that year was running a no huddle shotgun offense with Wright. Plus beating a Tim Couch led Leslie Co. Matney's expertise is in the Defensive secondary. I don't think he will be out of his element when facing the pass.

Hmmm...

I stand corrected...and...didn't give pre-2000 at Sheldon Clark any thought.

I know you aren't that forgetful to negelect to remember the SC vs. Highlands State Semi-final against Lorenzan and Smith? :eek: Or the district upset versuses Tim Couch and company?

I really wishing I hadn't taken "another step"...

Like I just said, I wasn't thinking about pre-2000. I apologize for the error !!

I got my ticket today.

JC might concider running a shuttle bus. If CCH brings 3,000 people, and JC has 5,000 or better. The parking lots of the middle and high school will be packed. Their is a big shopping plaza right beside the field. There is alot of parking there, but it all could be gone by 5:30.