Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Covington Catholic vs. Johnson Central

Who wins? 292 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • Covington Catholic
      64%
    • Johnson Central
      35%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I wasn't calling Watusi "Gu". I was calling Guru "Gu". Just an abbreviation. Why is that "creepy" :creepy: to you?

 

Gu sounds like "Goo." There is a pretty cool guy from Paintsville named Goo. Any of you Johnson Co. guys know him, lol...Even though he is Tiger blue all the way, I'm going to call him and see if he's going to the game...

  • Replies 478
  • Views 40.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Better make secure parking arrangements. I think all the chop shops have been shut down, but I'd hate to see nine buses stripped and on blocks. That just looks bad on the community.

 

I thought about coming down and watching this game. But if I need be concerned about my vehicle sitting on blocks when I come back, I think I'll just stay in A-town. Is it really that bad down there... :D

Tailgating starts at 4:00 from what I have heard from several people this week. I think there will be some very good food in the tailgating areas. Better be there very early for this one. If anyone on here from CCH wants to get together for the ballgame for a little tailgating fun, pm me and we will figure out how to get in touch Friday before the game.

Perhaps. He was saying that 5000 yards (15000 feet) is almost 3 miles. ;)

 

1966 Highlands 40 Belfry 7

 

1968 Higlands 48 Belfry 0

 

 

1979 Highlands 8 Belfry 14

 

1989 Highlands 21 Belfry 14

 

1990 Highlands 7 Belfry 38

 

Belfrey and Highlands have only matched up 5 times since 1960. Only once, 1990, was early in the season and possibly a bowl game. The rest were possibly playoff games.

 

 

Sorry, I clicked on Watusi wrong quote. I wanted the one where he said Higlands and Belfrey had only played once and Highlands went home unhappy.

In a CovCath/JC thread we are now discussing the series history of Highlands/Belfry?

 

I'd much rather hear about the Beechwood/Pikeville series!

In a CovCath/JC thread we are now discussing the series history of Highlands/Belfry?

 

I'd much rather hear about the Beechwood/Pikeville series!

 

Yea, :lol: :lol: Seven pages is alot of pages of just CCH/JC. I just figured you guys needed a break. OK back to CCH/JC. I think this is going to be an interesting game. Lot of factors for CCH, natural grass, long bus trip, injuries. However, I feel that CCH is going to prevail in this battle but it will only be by 7 or 10 points.

Should we let UA in on our secret??:jump:

 

...

 

 

Something tells me CovCath doesn't have a band.

 

And here we thought only public schools were taking it on the chin with offering "fine arts" classes.

 

It's really a sad statement about education today. We're gonna end up with a generation of uncultured robots.

 

:bunny:

Highlands use to travel to Belfry to play in their annual Bowl Game. Is that far enough for you.:D Anywhere-Anyplace-Anytime

 

Absolutely NOT (and I'm less than surprised at the example you picked).

 

Schools are paid well for that "bowl" game. I'm talking regular season games not involving bribe money.

 

If it makes you feel better, HHS isn't the only school like that. They're only the highest profile one.

1966 Highlands 40 Belfry 7

 

1968 Higlands 48 Belfry 0

 

 

1979 Highlands 8 Belfry 14

 

1989 Highlands 21 Belfry 14

 

1990 Highlands 7 Belfry 38

 

Belfrey and Highlands have only matched up 5 times since 1960. Only once, 1990, was early in the season and possibly a bowl game. The rest were possibly playoff games.

 

 

Sorry, I clicked on Watusi wrong quote. I wanted the one where he said Higlands and Belfrey had only played once and Highlands went home unhappy.

 

Sorry, Henry, didn't meant to rile you up, I know all too well about a "woman scorned" :D

 

I said that in response to the poster who said Highlands used to play in Belfry's bowl game, like it was an annual thing. I know the history and my response was that they only played in the bowl game once, and they haven't traveled to Belfry since the 60's.

 

The two games in the 60s I don't know if they were regualar season or playoff, but I assume like you that they were playoffs, and I know at least one of them was at Belfry. The 79 and 89 games were playoff games, both at Highlands, both in the semifinals, and both really good games. The 90 game was in the Pike County Bowl at Pikeville, but it is commonly regarded as Belfry and Pikeville's bowl, especially then before it expanded to include all county teams.

Is the poll who you think is going to win or who you want to win?

Something tells me CovCath doesn't have a band.

 

And here we thought only public schools were taking it on the chin with offering "fine arts" classes.

 

It's really a sad statement about education today. We're gonna end up with a generation of uncultured robots.

 

:bunny:

 

A couple of years ago, we had 3 guys with kazoos. Does that count?

Is the poll who you think is going to win or who you want to win?

 

Either I guess, but I hope most people vote for who they THINK will win.

Sorry, Henry, didn't meant to rile you up, I know all too well about a "woman scorned" :D

 

I said that in response to the poster who said Highlands used to play in Belfry's bowl game, like it was an annual thing. I know the history and my response was that they only played in the bowl game once, and they haven't traveled to Belfry since the 60's.

 

The two games in the 60s I don't know if they were regualar season or playoff, but I assume like you that they were playoffs, and I know at least one of them was at Belfry. The 79 and 89 games were playoff games, both at Highlands, both in the semifinals, and both really good games. The 90 game was in the Pike County Bowl at Pikeville, but it is commonly regarded as Belfry and Pikeville's bowl, especially then before it expanded to include all county teams.

 

I just wanted to look it up. I remember going to the game as a little kid and we would always say there were "Bats in the Belfrey". Thanks for the memory.

I just wanted to look it up. I remember going to the game as a little kid and we would always say there were "Bats in the Belfrey". Thanks for the memory.

 

Obviously, you are talking about the 1990 game, right? :D

Obviously, you are talking about the 1990 game, right? :D

 

 

:laugh: :laugh:

 

 

That would be MY kids.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.