Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Covington Catholic vs. Johnson Central

Who wins? 292 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • Covington Catholic
      64%
    • Johnson Central
      35%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

A couple of years ago, we had 3 guys with kazoos. Does that count?

 

I hear the Juggers from Boyle County might be available for booking as a backup group!!!

  • Replies 478
  • Views 40.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The count of the buses is at 9 total of parents/students

And that's not including people that are driving down in their own vehicles. :scared:

And that's not including people that are driving down in their own vehicles. :scared:

 

Well if Cov. Cath. received 3,000 tickets, I read that somewhere, and 450 people will be on 9 buses, that leaves 2,550 in cars. Traffic jam on interstate 75.:ylsuper:

Well if Cov. Cath. received 3,000 tickets, I read that somewhere, and 450 people will be on 9 buses, that leaves 2,550 in cars. Traffic jam on interstate 75.:ylsuper:

 

I'm not worred about the interstate. I'm worried about the Mountain Parkway.

Well if Cov. Cath. received 3,000 tickets, I read that somewhere, and 450 people will be on 9 buses, that leaves 2,550 in cars. Traffic jam on interstate 75.:ylsuper:

 

Typical traffic for Thanksgiving weekend don't you think?

I'm not worred about the interstate. I'm worried about the Mountain Parkway.

I'd worry about the big city of "Johnsonville" and all 3 of our traffic lights.

The atmosphere Friday is going to be electric! I can't wait.

 

To all the Cov. Cath fans and everyone driving to the game. Have a safe trip and we'll see you at "The Nest".

uhhhh... Those are empty words.

 

Highlands would NEVER agree to that. HHS is one of the schools that love to host anyone, but won't do the home/away thing vs. out-in-the-state schools.

 

And no, Boyle Co. and Danville don't count. Heck, the trip is

 

:sssh:

 

 

Technically the trip from Ft T to Danville is closer to 2 and 1/2 hours and is not all four lane road. Not unless they've widened 27 and 34 in the last month. And as for the host only comment, we just finished two year contracts with Southwestern and Madison Central. They were home and away contracts. We re-upped with Madison Central and my guess is wanted to re-up with Southwestern but they must have declined to do so (my guess is based on the fact that we currently only have 8 games on next year's schedule and are scrambling to fill out the rest of the schedule so I doubt it was our choice not to re-up). Got anything else?

Do you guys have an opening in week 5 or 10, LN?

 

 

http://www.khsaa.org/football/20072008open.htm

 

Whoa !!! What a GREAT link...

 

Looks like Bell Co. has week 5 open. Rockcastle and LexCath has week 10 of '08 open.

 

In the past, LexCath wasn't crazy about scheduling home/away games, either. BUT... Bill Letton coaches there now. I'd guess he'd LOVE to set it up with you guys !!

 

Bottom line... there ARE some good games possible on that table. Hope Belfry can put together one or more of them in the future.

 

:thumb:

LexCath already has a two year deal with Pikeville that I know of. Not sure if they want two this far east, but I agree, it would a lot of fun and a really good test late in the year, especially against a high octane offense.

The atmosphere Friday is going to be electric! I can't wait.

 

To all the Cov. Cath fans and everyone driving to the game. Have a safe trip and we'll see you at "The Nest".

 

I wish this game were on Saturday. I would REALLY like to see this one. :ylsuper:

Kentucky Post: Announcing who is broadcasting the CovCath vs. Johnson County game on radio and the Internet...

 

I am sure that Mark and the J-man will have some great stories to tell about some of the notes that they have received and how they have been treated in Painstville prior to the game. If you aren't going to the game it just might be fun to see if they made it to Johnson Central alive.:D :lol: :lol:

From The Kentucky Post:

Colonels face explosive foe.... Eagles run game, among state's best....

 

By Dan Wright

Post contributor

 

"On game day, Colonel D is perfect D."

 

Those words, the motto of the Covington Catholic defense, will hold even more meaning than usual when Colonels defensive coordinator Jim Hautman relays them to his unit in the locker room shortly before taking the field against Johnson Central in their Class AAA state semifinal game Friday in Paintsville.

 

To read the rest of the story click on the link above......

GOOD LUCK TO COACH MATNEY AND THE JOHNSON CENTRAL GOLDEN EAGLES ALL THE WAY TO STATE

FROM YOUR OLD BUDDY #70 IN THE 1977 CLASS OF BHS

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.