Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Covington Catholic vs. Johnson Central

Who wins? 292 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • Covington Catholic
      64%
    • Johnson Central
      35%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Oh yea, I got all wrapped up in this football game...

 

I want to wish everybody on both sides and everybody else very happy thanksgiving! I cant wait until tomorrow night. GO EAGLES!!!

  • Replies 478
  • Views 40.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This should be a dandy! Both teams are very good at what they do. Cov Cath with the passing game and JC with the ground game. From what I've heard, CovCath runs a 3-3-5 stack defense similar to West Virginia's defense. If this is the case, I look for JC to have success on the ground as they've done all year. 3 down lineman are not enough to stop Grimm and his blockers.

 

JC-35

CC-24

  • Author
This should be a dandy! Both teams are very good at what they do. Cov Cath with the passing game and JC with the ground game. From what I've heard, CovCath runs a 3-3-5 stack defense similar to West Virginia's defense. If this is the case, I look for JC to have success on the ground as they've done all year. 3 down lineman are not enough to stop Grimm and his blockers.

 

JC-35

CC-24

Mabe not the down lineman, but what about CCH's great linebakers. I know they have some really good one's.

:cry: Watusi... Why did you vote against the mountain school? :confused:

:cry: Watusi... Why did you vote against the mountain school? :confused:

 

Maybe because he thinks they'll score less points than the other team? :confused:

Maybe because he thinks they'll score less points than the other team? :confused:

I had a feeling sour grapes would be on the thanksgiving menu in Ashland. :rolleyes:

I had a feeling sour grapes would be on the thanksgiving menu in Ashland. :rolleyes:

 

Ya man... Honestly, I just call it like I see it. If Ashland were playing CovCath this weekend I would have given CovCath the nod in that one too. No sour grapes, just my opinion. Sorry if my expressing it soured your stomach.

:cry: Watusi... Why did you vote against the mountain school? :confused:

 

My heart is with JC and you have no idea how much I really hope they pull it out.

 

But I think CCH is more likely to win.

Has anyone seen both teams play this year?

Johnson Central is a good story, but I don't think this one is close.

 

Cov Cath 45

John Cen 14

Johnson Central is a good story, but I don't think this one is close.

 

Cov Cath 45

John Cen 14

This year isnt a fluke. Johnson Central will be a football powerhouse for very along time.

This year isnt a fluke. Johnson Central will be a football powerhouse for very along time.
The test of time determines that, not one season. How long have they played football at JC? 30+ years? Goodluck to the Eagles against Cov Cath.
The test of time determines that, not one season. How long have they played football at JC? 30+ years? Goodluck to the Eagles against Cov Cath.

Johnson Central has only had 1 other season like this. That was in 2000 when JC went 11-1 and won the AAAA, District 8 championship.

 

I think the first football team was in 1971, or somewhere around there.

Matney will lead Johnson Central to the win. I love to see mountain schools in the state finals.

:cry: Watusi... Why did you vote against the mountain school? :confused:

 

ua... Polls aren't for the heart, they're for the head. Don't confuse one with some kind of loyalty test.

 

You need to understand, among the 3A eastern teams recently, only Bell Co. and Rockcastle Co. have garnered a measure of respect outside Region 4.

 

It goes back to what I posted after Central's win over Rock - the next game is for statewide respect.

 

:bunny:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.