Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Covington Catholic vs. Johnson Central

Who wins? 292 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • Covington Catholic
      64%
    • Johnson Central
      35%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

More from the Ashland Daily Indpendent:

 

 

“It’s David versus Goliath. Anybody who doesn’t think so isn’t watching very closely,” said Matney, whose team brings a perfect 13-0 record into the game against the private northern Kentucky powerhouse. “We’re taking on the big boys and we’re proud of that. We’re proud to be representing the mountains.”[/b][/i]

 

 

 

Sounds like the message Holy Cross sends to their players every time they square off in basketball. Look where that has gotten them.....

 

 

 

 

Wow, that sure was mean.

  • Replies 478
  • Views 40.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're the Ohio teams quicker than CC? I was also surprised to see that Beechwood and Newport Cath's defenses were so much more effective than Lexington Cath's.

One thing that must be mentioned when it comes to CovCath's final scores is this; most blowout games the second and third strings were in most of the second half. These games were over by half time. They were scoring at will.

For everybody coming to this game... Be careful coming down and going back. This is history for the Johnson Central football program. I have had a feeling all year since the spring scrimmage that this was JC's year to win the state title. Hopefully both teams will come away injury free. "The Nest" will be rockin all day today. We could see a crowd of 10,000+ people there.

 

:ylsuper: :ylsuper: GO EAGLES!!!!!:ylsuper: :ylsuper:

 

:dancingpa Papa Johns Cardnial Stadium here we come!:dancingpa

 

I forgot what was said earlier....can it sell out or is there a track surrounding the field?

 

And also, for a CCH booster, how many people were at the second HHS-CCH game?

And also, for a CCH booster, how many people were at the second HHS-CCH game?

I'm not smart enough to give you a number (but I'd guess it was over 6,000), but considering the weather (and the fact that it was 70 the day before [or 40 degrees warmer the day before]), it was the biggest crowd for a CCH game that I could remember.

 

There were people on the stairs up the locker-room and up on the baseball field with the blimp view. That and crowds 4 or 5 deep in both end-zones...it was huge.

 

I'm guessing that tonight in Paintsville it will look similar. :thumb:

I'll be at the game enjoying some great burgers. I'll be rooting for Johnson Central(sorry HSSB, have to root for the E. Ky teams, besides you guys have won enough titles)but I know the Eagles will really have their hands full. I hope to meet some of you fine folks from Johnson Central, and also some Cov. Cath posters.

If Cov Cath doesn't win, can the Eagles claim prominace over all of greater Cincinnati prep football? Since the Colonels have played all those tough, fast, physical teams from Cincy.

I'll be rooting for Johnson Central(sorry HSSB, have to root for the E. Ky teams, besides you guys have won enough titles)

 

A. 5 is not nearly enough....just ask Cake and 'Rock fans. :D

 

B. So you've changed your mind about sitting next to me? :cool:

 

C. Buy your own darned burger.:irked:

If Cov Cath doesn't win, can the Eagles claim prominace over all of greater Cincinnati prep football? Since the Colonels have played all those tough, fast, physical teams from Cincy.

Ahh, the old transitive property. Thats 10th grade geometry right there!

 

Anyways, no, because CovCath didn't beat those tough, fast, physical teams from Cincy. They just helped prepare them for this game.

As I prepare for my trip through the Mountains today to Paintsville, I would like to extend a hearty thank you to both the CovCath and Johnson Central football fans. We have discussed, lectured, and even made fun of each other, and not one time (that I can remember) on this thread of getting close to 450 posts with out a mod stepping in or warning a poster to tone it down. This thread should be set as an example of what not only two different schools can do, but two completely different parts of the Commonwealth can do, if they just act like adults. Sure each side made a little fun of each other, but it stayed in the bounds of fair play, and they treated each other with respect, who could ask for anything more. From a Colonel fan Congratulation to both the Johnson Central fans and the CovCath fans.... Great job, and I will be rooting on whoever wins this game, in the state championship. See you all in a couple of hours.....

 

Good luck to both teams.....

Sounds like the message Holy Cross sends to their players every time they square off in basketball. Look where that has gotten them.....

 

 

 

 

Wow, that sure was mean.

Wow, like CovCath has really been a state basketball power.:rolleyes:

Wow, like CovCath has really been a state basketball power.:rolleyes:

I'm not sure how that is relevant nor was it what I was trying to infer....rather that I don't like the overused David Vs. Goliath argument.

 

On one hand JC supporters say that they are equal to better than CCH, while there coach tells the media that they are clear underdogs going in.

Sorry for the side bar, but if there is anyone from the Danville area planning on going and you willing to take me along, please pm me.

I think that homefield means 14 points in this game. I see Cov Cath as 28 points better at least. So, a 14 point or better margin for the Blue Colonels is what I see. Trust me, JC has not seen a team near as good as CovCath all year - not even close. Good luck and have a great game.

I'm not sure how that is relevant nor was it what I was trying to infer....rather that I don't like the overused David Vs. Goliath argument.

 

On one hand JC supporters say that they are equal to better than CCH, while there coach tells the media that they are clear underdogs going in.

 

Lou Holtz was the master at doing the same thing.

I think that homefield means 14 points in this game. I see Cov Cath as 28 points better at least. So, a 14 point or better margin for the Blue Colonels is what I see. Trust me, JC has not seen a team near as good as CovCath all year - not even close. Good luck and have a great game.
What does that have to do with anything concerning tonight?

 

That could be true, but they have obliterated the ones that they have played .

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.