Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Covington Catholic vs. Johnson Central

Who wins? 292 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • Covington Catholic
      64%
    • Johnson Central
      35%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

CCH by 20 and Popham breaks the record tonight...IMO.

  • Replies 478
  • Views 40.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CCH by 20 and Popham breaks the record tonight...IMO.
Speaking of Popham, what are the field conditions like, has it rained lately. This could be a major factor towards how many fieldgoals are attempted. Whats the weather like today?
... But, it isn't and I know what my legs feel like everytime I get out of the car after the 3 1/2 hour trip to see my grandparents in Eastern Kentucky (Prestonsburg to be exact).

...

 

Is Hat Trick your mother ?? If so, I've known you since diaper age...

 

Be careful on the road !!

Speaking of Popham, what are the field conditions like, has it rained lately. This could be a major factor towards how many fieldgoals are attempted. Whats the weather like today?

The weather is sunny, cool this morning but predicted in the 60's by 5:00 pm. Chilly again this evening but probably not lower than 40's through the game.

 

Field is still a little slippery inside the 20's, dry in the middle outside that due to good tarp work this rainy fall. I guess we'll see in warmups how he deals with grass and the conditions. Good luck to both kickers tonight:thumb:

 

p.s. has anyone else noticed that this thread is lilkely by game time to be the most often viewed thread on BGP, close now to the Riherds scoreboard sticky at over 10,000 looks? I don't know how much respect either of these teams has outside their own programs and each other, but there sure seems to be a lot of interest!

Good luck tonight Eagles and bring home a win. Leave it all on the field. These memories will last a lifetime. Don't look back after tonights game and think, what if...... If we come out and play the very best game we can and get beat by a better team, there's no disgrace in that. If we come out and make mistakes and let one we could have won get away, you'll look back on that the rest of your life. We can ask for nothing more than your best effort!

 

Having said that, I beleive if we bring our best effort on both sides of the ball we can win this game.

 

We're praying for you Eagles!

A. 5 is not nearly enough....just ask Cake and 'Rock fans. :D

 

B. So you've changed your mind about sitting next to me? :cool:

 

C. Buy your own darned burger.:irked:

 

 

 

 

A. 5 is still 5 more than most teams, including Johnson Central have

 

B. No I still want to sit next to you. Watusi let me root for Russell last year in the Belfry section. :sssh:

 

C. Ok. I'll just buy you one.

It's a beautiful day, and there's a HUGE football game tonight in Paintsville.

 

And I'm SICK !!! :creepy:

 

Anyone know a quick cure for a bronchitis ?!?

Nice breakdown of CovCath. It's ok to be biased. I respect your opinion of you thinking they will jusr run all over JC but I believe that's where knowledge of both teams should come in to play. JC doesn't have the leading defensive back in interceptions by accident.(Ian Welch Sophomore Safety 14 INTS). They don't have a D-I linebacker and 2 all-state linebackers by accident either.(Johnson and Tackett). This will be one of the quickest and most physical teams CovCath has played all year bar none. JC may not get the credit they deserve because the're stuck in the hills but come Friday night at 7:30 PM at The Nest, these northerners will find out quick how good these boys really are.

Talk about being biased, (one of the quickest and most physical teams Cov Cath has played all year bar none). Have you looked at the schedule the Colonels played this year? I am a Highlands fan, I am not here to stump for Cov Cath, but they played some of the best teams from both Ky and Ohio this year. And believe me, (because Highlands played them too) the Ohio teams are better than anyone in Kentucky. Absolutely bar none. Cov Cath has prepared themselves well for this playoff run. They will bring the championship trophy home to Northern Kentucky. It may not be an easy win but by playing the toughest schedule they could find, all season long, the Colonels are well armed to take on any challenge. JC may indeed be very good, but, in my opinion, they are not close to being the best team CC has faced this season and that is a credit to CC not a slam on JC. Hopefully in the next few seasons, both HHS and CC can play some of the great downstate teams since they are not alowed to schedule Ohio teams for some reason. It would be great to have a NKY vs Mountain, early season tournament. How much fun would it be to see Bell Co., Johnson Co., the Rock and other teams on the field against Highlands, Cov Cath, Beechwood etc...for a weekend of fantastic football! Someone with connections should work on this!

 

As for tonight, good luck to both teams. I hope all the fans are treated to a good ol' Kentucky shootout!

 

By the way is there a web radio station carrying the game?

I assume with the weater being nice...this game will be absoultely huge...how many do you all think will be there?

I assume with the weater being nice...this game will be absoultely huge...how many do you all think will be there?
I have heard reports of maybe 10,000. I will guess between 7,000 or 8,000.
Talk about being biased, (one of the quickest and most physical teams Cov Cath has played all year bar none). Have you looked at the schedule the Colonels played this year? I am a Highlands fan, I am not here to stump for Cov Cath, but they played some of the best teams from both Ky and Ohio this year. And believe me, (because Highlands played them too) the Ohio teams are better than anyone in Kentucky. Absolutely bar none. Cov Cath has prepared themselves well for this playoff run. They will bring the championship trophy home to Northern Kentucky. It may not be an easy win but by playing the toughest schedule they could find, all season long, the Colonels are well armed to take on any challenge. JC may indeed be very good, but, in my opinion, they are not close to being the best team CC has faced this season and that is a credit to CC not a slam on JC. Hopefully in the next few seasons, both HHS and CC can play some of the great downstate teams since they are not alowed to schedule Ohio teams for some reason. It would be great to have a NKY vs Mountain, early season tournament. How much fun would it be to see Bell Co., Johnson Co., the Rock and other teams on the field against Highlands, Cov Cath, Beechwood etc...for a weekend of fantastic football! Someone with connections should work on this!

 

As for tonight, good luck to both teams. I hope all the fans are treated to a good ol' Kentucky shootout!

 

By the way is there a web radio station carrying the game?

 

I'll save you the trouble of looking back:thumb:

You can listen to Mark and Jeff at http://ibn.ihigh.com/play/index.cfm?fuseaction=asx&broadcastid=61379&rand=2665&intro=0&Org=IBN&CFID=460446&CFTOKEN=70498846&CFID=460446&CFTOKEN=70498846

or someone else starts broadcasting game coverage at 7 at http://www.wcvx.com/

 

Which looks like I'll be stuck at home listening to the game instead of being there :cry:

It's a beautiful day, and there's a HUGE football game tonight in Paintsville.

 

And I'm SICK !!! :creepy:

 

Anyone know a quick cure for a bronchitis ?!?

 

Rub some dirt on it!

 

(Trust me. I read a medical book once. And stayed at a Holiday Inn Express, even though I had to drive to Pikeville to find one.)

Is there a station in Belfry I can pick up and listen to this game?

I will be in attendance tonight and hope to see a great football game. Good luck to both teams!!!!

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.