Covington Catholic vs. Johnson Central

ochenta siete

Who wins?  

292 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

Don't forget this will be the hardest hitting team CovCath has played this year...

JC will hit a lot harder than HHS or LC, but don't take my word for it...you will see for yourself...JC is very physical and reminds me of the Rockcastle team that hit the northern teams in the mouth with great success a few years back...

Having said that, JC is facing a task like none they have ever seen in their football lives...

Go JC. I'll be there early to get my seat in Johnsonville.

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JC will hit a lot harder than HHS or LC, but don't take my word for it...you will see for yourself...JC is very physical and reminds me of the Rockcastle team that hit the northern teams in the mouth with great success a few years back...
Have you guys seen who CovCath has played this year? They've played a lot more than Highlands and LexCath.

Having said that, JC is facing a task like none they have ever seen in their football lives...

Go JC. I'll be there early to get my seat in Johnsonville.

You better watch out your going to O.D. on that homer pie.....You might want to save some room for that CROW your going to be eating come late friday night..:lol: :lol: :lol: I think CovCath would agree that the Birds "D" was pretty good this year and would hit ya.

You better watch out your going to O.D. on that homer pie.....You might want to save some room for that CROW your going to be eating come late friday night..:lol: :lol: :lol: I think CovCath would agree that the Birds "D" was pretty good this year and would hit ya.

JC isn't my team.

With all due respect, CovCath has been there a time or two and will not be shocked at how hard JC hits. They will be focused on the task at hand and will not feel pressured. I am quite sure JC hits extremely hard just I am equally sure that CovCath has faced teams that hit extremely hard. It's not going to intimidate them and I'm sure that the players for JC aren't hanging their hat on the fact that they hit hard. If they are, game over because CovCath will jump all over them.

With all due respect, CovCath has been there a time or two and will not be shocked at how hard JC hits. They will be focused on the task at hand and will not feel pressured. I am quite sure JC hits extremely hard just I am equally sure that CovCath has faced teams that hit extremely hard. It's not going to intimidate them and I'm sure that the players for JC aren't hanging their hat on the fact that they hit hard. If they are, game over because CovCath will jump all over them.

When I made the comment on how hard JC hits, I didnt expect this kind of backlash. But oh well, that is the beauty of bluegrasspreps.com

Johnson Central will not be looking to land any cheap shots. They will ready to play football. As far as CCH jumping all over JC, I dont look for that to happen.

They haven't seen anybody that hits like JC. We here this every year when a team floats to the top.:rolleyes: I don't think CCH is worried about whether JC hits hard or not. They have played a strong enough schedule this year against some pretty darn good teams, so don't worry about CCH being over confident. Your right about one thing, JC hasn't seen a dynamic offense such as CCH's. That will change Friday!!!!!!!

I never said anything about CC being over confident. This team will stay at the top from now on out. Matney has changed this program from top to bottom and he trains up coaches as well. Youll see what i mean when i say JC hits harder than anyone they have played. Matney always puts a hard hitting team on the feild. I never said they were worried but it will supprise them.

For whomever asked earlier in the thread and anybody else, I believe gates open at 5:30. Get here early, if for nothing else but the game food. Eagle Grill = best hamburgers in world. Had one last week for dinner. It was maybe the culinary highlight of my week.

As far as CCH jumping all over JC, I dont look for that to happen.

I think if Central doesn't get shocked in the first couple of possessions and gets some good stops and settles in, this has the potential to be a fantastic ballgame. We'll have to play our best game of the year, especially on the defensive side of the football - make tackles, win the battle on the line, and carefully pick our spots to blitz so we don't leave guys one on one against tall and fast receivers. That being said, we do have some experience against passing teams - played against a top Ohio quarterback and D-1 signee with great success, and defended a couple of tall and fast Bryan Station receivers well, and I think this game experience has made our pass defense atypically good for an Eastern Kentucky team. Furthermore, I think any team which can successfully and consistently run on our run defense will cakewalk to the 3A state championship from here if they can do that. Central also has its share of speed, which may be being overlooked here. We may not be in the GCL, but then again, CCH didn't win those games, either, so I don't think us not being Colerain, Elder, St. X, or Bishop Watterson makes this game necessarily unwinnable. I hope for a classic for the ages, and if we have to lose, we have nothing to be ashamed about losing in the state semifinals against a program like CCH. But we really, really, really don't WANT to lose, either.