Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Covington Catholic vs. Johnson Central

Who wins? 292 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • Covington Catholic
      64%
    • Johnson Central
      35%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

  • Author

I think this is the first non-turf game they will be playing all year(CCH).Anyone think it will be a factor?

  • Replies 478
  • Views 40.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awww, c-f... A little foolishness never hurts...

 

But, anyway... whoever said this was "strength against strength" is correct (meaning JC's run vs. CovCath's run D). Usually when games match up like that, it'll be the other side of the coin that'll determine the outcome. Central's defense is very good and has a lot of individual talent, but it hasn't seen a passing offense like the one CovCath will bring Friday. I'll take that another step...I'm not sure Jim Matney has ever had to prepare for a top-flight passing team before.

 

It'll be interesting to see how it all matches up.

I know you aren't that forgetful to negelect to remember the SC vs. Highlands State Semi-final against Lorenzan and Smith? :eek: Or the district upset versuses Tim Couch and company?

 

I also think it's comical to see Matney weaving his tangled web. If Matney was playing the Kentucky Scool for the Deaf he would hype them as being a Multiple National Title Winner and have the folks in Painstville believing an "upset" would be the greatest thing ever.

 

Please take no offense to this JC fans..it is no shot at you...just comical on how Matney perennially uses his expert motivational skills to put his team in the David roll versuses Goliath. The man is brilliant... his ability to motivate is genious!

 

The one thing CCH needs to make sure they do is give as little lockerroom material as possible via the media this week. In most cases I think the whole "Billboard Material" is overrated..but when it comes to Jim Matney he can twist anything you say and use it to get his team pumped.

Long range weather forecast for Paintsville from the National Weather Service: Sounds like it's going to be warm and dry, so if the field is a muddy mess, we will know why!:D :thumb: :lol:

 

Monday: Scattered snow showers, mainly before 10am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 38. North northwest wind around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

 

Monday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 29. Northwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm.

 

Tuesday: Partly cloudy, with a high near 45. Calm wind becoming north around 5 mph.

 

Tuesday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 26.

 

Wednesday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 55.

 

Wednesday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 30.

 

Thanksgiving Day: Mostly sunny, with a high near 58.

 

Thursday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 35.

 

Friday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 61.

 

Friday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 35.

 

 

 

JC kept the field dry for our first game (Ashlands)and it rained most of the week and we are mostly a passing team .(IMO)A wet field only benefits a passing team WRs cuts against the secondary.

JC wants a dry field for the big play running attack.:thumb:

I think too much Cov Cath in this one. I have predicted against my eagles every round because it worked, but I really think this one goes...........

 

Cov Cath 28

JC 13

 

 

What a season its been!

CC befuddles (yes, befuddles...at least once in life, you should use that word) me defensively. Is LexCath that much better offensively than, say, Highlands?

 

I may have posted this somewhere but maybe not. If I'm Matney, I don't even show the tape of the LC game because its apples and oranges to JC. If you're a JC fan, it would behoove you to not think that you're going against a D that cannot stop you. Your offense plays right into the strength of CCH's D.

I realize that the upper tier is concentrated in Louisville, Covington/Newport,.

 

Newport? Newport has a 3A team? Is that team close to Johnsonville?

  • Author
Newport? Newport has a 3A team? Is that team close to Johnsonville?

I dont think Newport has a 3A team. But I might be wrong.

I know you aren't that forgetful to negelect to remember the SC vs. Highlands State Semi-final against Lorenzan and Smith? :eek: Or the district upset versuses Tim Couch and company?

 

I also think it's comical to see Matney weaving his tangled web. If Matney was playing the Kentucky Scool for the Deaf he would hype them as being a Multiple National Title Winner and have the folks in Painstville believing an "upset" would be the greatest thing ever.

 

Please take no offense to this JC fans..it is no shot at you...just comical on how Matney perennially uses his expert motivational skills to put his team in the David roll versuses Goliath. The man is brilliant... his ability to motivate is genious!

 

The one thing CCH needs to make sure they do is give as little lockerroom material as possible via the media this week. In most cases I think the whole "Billboard Material" is overrated..but when it comes to Jim Matney he can twist anything you say and use it to get his team pumped.

 

If you need motivation at this point, something is wrong, IMO. If CCH even begins to looks past this game, the result will be the same as in '01. Should be one heck of a game!

I think too much Cov Cath in this one. I have predicted against my eagles every round because it worked, but I really think this one goes...........

 

Cov Cath 28

JC 13

 

 

What a season its been!

 

:eek: CCH may as well not show up. Auxier RiverRat has picked you to win.:lol: JK

 

I was told throught the week that if Tackett and Johnson could make a good showing in the Rock game that they could be on the verge of some D1 offers. Tackett as many have already said had 18 tackles and Johnson had several as well. CCH wideouts will be looking out for these 2 if they have routes that take them across the middle, guarantee it.

 

I believe that we can have our fair share of success against the D of CCH especially on the outside to offtackle runs. I know that CCH probably has more team speed than we do but with the way our O-line, TE's and WR have been blocking, we will be able to match the speed that CCH will present. The pass game will be there but will have to used at opportune times to keep the opposing defense honest. Its going to be crucial that the DB's of JC step up and play better than they ever have to match the speed of CCH's wideouts. I believe Taylor, Welch, Hampton, and Belhausen will have huge games for the Eagles D while Tackett, Johnson, and Dials provide the wood and will be enough for the Eagles to slide by CCH at home. My prediction:

 

Johnson Central: 28

Covington Catholic: 27

:eek: CCH may as well not show up. Auxier RiverRat has picked you to win.:lol: JK

 

 

 

It has worked so far:lol:

I dont think Newport has a 3A team. But I might be wrong.

That was a joke, made by cshs81

13-1 is no small feet and would be something to be extremely proud of. However, I believe that this team is capable of a lot more...and they believe it too. The game against Rock proved that to me. I look for this team to make an appearance on the carpet and once you get there...anything can happen.

Newport? Newport has a 3A team? Is that team close to Johnsonville?

 

Referring to the area (as it is commonly referenced, and has been for years). You know...follow me now, e.g., Dallas/Ft. Worth, Minneapolis/St. Paul, and sometimes it even works in threes, e.g., Bristol/Kingsport/Johnson City (hey...Johnson City...nah, I still like Johnsonville). So yes, Covington/Newport.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.