Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Covington Catholic vs. Johnson Central

Who wins? 292 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • Covington Catholic
      64%
    • Johnson Central
      35%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I think CovCath wins by at least 2 tds.. They have way to many weapons for JC to defend against. CCH has such a balanced offense it is hard to stop. Just ask LexCath..........

  • Replies 478
  • Views 40.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, those are some taller CB's. CCH's receivers and TEs have only a slight advantage with height- Sutton 6"4, Bovard 6"0, Wise 6"2, Ganshirt 5"11.

JC's corners and safeties better be fast and tall. I can remember last Sat. that Sutton out ran the whole Bluebird secondary for a 70 yard td...

Does JC throw much ? CCH is banged up in the secondary right now with Brandon Brown re-injuring his sprained ankle last night and Joe Casteneda sitting out his second game in a row (except for one series when Brown went out) with a sprained ankle also.

 

Any idea on date and time on the game ? It would be nice since everyone is off school on Friday if they had a 4 or 5 o'clock kickoff

When JC was in 4A they were in our district. I still keep up with them. JC has had a great season this year and I for one do not want to see it end. I will be pulling for the Eagles...would love to see them get to the carpet.:thumb:

Johnson Central stepping up to play the "big kids"? Matney thinks so.

 

Matney said Covington Catholic, a northern Kentucky powerhouse, will be a challenge.

 

“It’s a huge matchup,” he said. “It’s taking on the big kids is what it is.”

 

 

Central stands strong, 29-7

Johnson Central WILL NOT be scared of Covington Catholic. I said this in the Ashland game thread, and I'll say it again. There is a line from the Hank Williams, Jr. song "A Country Boy Can Survive" and I think it is a perfect example of this JC team. YOU CANT STOMP US OUT AND YOU CANT MAKE US RUN!

Johnson Central WILL NOT be scared of Covington Catholic. I said this in the Ashland game thread, and I'll say it again. There is a line from the Hank Williams, Jr. song "A Country Boy Can Survive" and I think it is a perfect example of this JC team. YOU CANT STOMP US OUT AND YOU CANT MAKE US RUN!
Who said they'd be scared?

I expect a good game. I'll be rooting for CovCath, but good luck to both teams.

When JC was in 4A they were in our district. I still keep up with them. JC has had a great season this year and I for one do not want to see it end. I will be pulling for the Eagles...would love to see them get to the carpet.:thumb:

 

I must say I'm disappointed. ;)

I'm glad that the game is at Johnson Central. I'd hate for JC and their fans to travel all the way to NKY with that chip on their shoulder.

Is everyone from JC waiting on BadCat to come and make another blow out prediciton against you guys ? I think he has been one of your alls good luck charms all year. I think he might be 0-3 at this point with his predicitions. Good luck guys, hope you can with this one too.

Who said they'd be scared?

I expect a good game. I'll be rooting for CovCath, but good luck to both teams.

 

 

No one has to. The JC faithful just seem to have a huge chip on their shoulder. I don't understand it either.. :confused: If it gets any bigger Im afraid some of them may not be able to walk without falling over.

CCH-35

Johnson Central-14

 

 

GO COLONELS

CCH BIG... The schedule Coach Rodenberg put them through this year has them set up perfect to win a state title. NKY football is a different level of play, so i see a BIG win

Johnson Central stepping up to play the "big kids"? Matney thinks so.

 

Matney said Covington Catholic, a northern Kentucky powerhouse, will be a challenge.

 

“It’s a huge matchup,” he said. “It’s taking on the big kids is what it is.”

 

 

Matney is already starting. Before the end of the week, he'll be quoted comparing CovCath to a college or pro team somewhere. :lol:

 

He's relentless at attempting to have his team in the underdog role. He plays "head games" with the best of them.

 

And...who knows...maybe he has something. The game vs. Ashland was one Central couldn't avoid being the "favorite". Ashland almost pulled it out.

 

:sssh: :cool:

CCH BIG... The schedule Coach Rodenberg put them through this year has them set up perfect to win a state title. NKY football is a different level of play, so i see a BIG win

 

THAT's the kind of talk Matney will be getting a lot of mileage out of this week... :lol:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.