Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Covington Catholic vs. Johnson Central

Who wins? 292 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • Covington Catholic
      64%
    • Johnson Central
      35%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Yes, LexCath is that much better than Highlands offensively (this year). The speed LexCath has is unreal. A team can get discombobulated pretty quickly. Believe it not, CovCath's D did not play that poorly. Didn't seem like the Knights ever got their run game going. And it wasn't like CovCath was out of position the whole night (a few times, yes) but LexCath just flat made many plays.

 

I noticed all year that LexCath scored in spurts. A little consistency seemed to be the only thing lacking offensively.

  • Replies 478
  • Views 40.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I noticed all year that LexCath scored in spurts. A little consistency seemed to be the only thing lacking offensively.

 

 

:confused: Take out the Knights first game of the year against Louisville X and they averaged 47 points a game in the other 12. That's some serious firepower. Even more than the 43 points per game JC has averaged.

:confused: Take out the Knights first game of the year against Louisville X and they averaged 47 points a game in the other 12. That's some serious firepower. Even more than the 43 points per game JC has averaged.

 

They were toughuns'.

Just so I'm sure, he spells his name "Grimm,' right?

Ashland has been our strongest opponent, and by the end of the year, was IMO as good as anyone in 3A.
That's a remarkably homerish and indefensible statement. No way.
I said they will not be scared.
Again, who said they would be? Why would they?

I'm sure they're quite confident in themselves regardless of who they play, otherwise they wouldn't be in the position they're in right now.

 

I expect a very good game from two very good football teams. Truthfully, I think the winner of this one will likely win state. JMO.

Just so I'm sure, he spells his name "Grimm,' right?

 

Nope, Grim.

Awww, c-f... A little foolishness never hurts...

 

But, anyway... whoever said this was "strength against strength" is correct (meaning JC's run vs. CovCath's run D). Usually when games match up like that, it'll be the other side of the coin that'll determine the outcome. Central's defense is very good and has a lot of individual talent, but it hasn't seen a passing offense like the one CovCath will bring Friday. I'll take that another step...I'm not sure Jim Matney has ever had to prepare for a top-flight passing team before.

 

It'll be interesting to see how it all matches up.

 

I remember Jim Matney beating a fairly decent passing team from Leslie County with a QB named Couch while at Sheldon Clark.

I grew up about 20 miles from Paintsville. I'll be pulling for the Eagles in this one.

I grew up in that neck of the woods so I am hoping that JC can get to the carpet and win the state title. GO Eagles

Awww, c-f... A little foolishness never hurts...

 

But, anyway... whoever said this was "strength against strength" is correct (meaning JC's run vs. CovCath's run D). Usually when games match up like that, it'll be the other side of the coin that'll determine the outcome. Central's defense is very good and has a lot of individual talent, but it hasn't seen a passing offense like the one CovCath will bring Friday. I'll take that another step...I'm not sure Jim Matney has ever had to prepare for a top-flight passing team before.

 

It'll be interesting to see how it all matches up.

 

Wow. Usually your at least some what close to the facts. But are you way off on this on. Matney has faced several top passing teams and one of the best ever. 98 Highlands team was one of the best passing teams KY has ever had. Lorenzen and Gino throwing the ball down the feild. That is what you would call a "top-flight" passing team. Also Belfry that year was running a no huddle shotgun offense with Wright. Plus beating a Tim Couch led Leslie Co. Matney's expertise is in the Defensive secondary. I don't think he will be out of his element when facing the pass.

Does either team have anyone that will play at the next level? And if so have they been offered by anyone yet?

 

Grimm really doesn't have D1 size but is as good as any high school running back and better than most. Johnson has D1 size and is a monster at fullback and LB. He really doesn't have any big D1 offers coming in. Several smaller school offers i beleive. I think Tackett could play D1 too. Racked up 18 tackles against Rock. I hope this game really gets some offers coming in to JC. Its hard to get colleges to notice EKY but with a NKY powerhouse coming down someone might hear about them.

Wow. Usually your at least some what close to the facts. But are you way off on this on. Matney has faced several top passing teams and one of the best ever. 98 Highlands team was one of the best passing teams KY has ever had. Lorenzen and Gino throwing the ball down the feild. That is what you would call a "top-flight" passing team. Also Belfry that year was running a no huddle shotgun offense with Wright. Plus beating a Tim Couch led Leslie Co. Matney's expertise is in the Defensive secondary. I don't think he will be out of his element when facing the pass.

 

Took the words right out of my mouth!

Rumor has it some D-1 scouts were dining at a local establishment pre-game friday. Johnson and Tackett are starting to get alot of recognition as seniors, but I think some one would be missing out on Tommy Taylor if he didn't get a serious look from somebody. He has really stepped it up the last few games and has the body and speed to play at the next level. Regardless this group, with their sucsess, should open up alot of doors for upcoming recruits from JC. It's not everyday that a team from eastern KY gets a chance to compete with a northern power. Hit them hard, exacute on the LOS, and PROTECT THE FOOTBALL, and you will have a chance to shock the state.

The Eagles are going to have to play a great game in order to win this Friday. But i believe they can do it.. I am going to go with the eagles in a close one.

 

 

Come on Eagles let us all leave the old stadium for the last time ever with a win.

GO EAGLES:dancingpa

Long range weather forecast for Paintsville from the National Weather Service: Sounds like it's going to be warm and dry, so if the field is a muddy mess, we will know why!:D :thumb: :lol:

 

Monday: Scattered snow showers, mainly before 10am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 38. North northwest wind around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

 

Monday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 29. Northwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm.

 

Tuesday: Partly cloudy, with a high near 45. Calm wind becoming north around 5 mph.

 

Tuesday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 26.

 

Wednesday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 55.

 

Wednesday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 30.

 

Thanksgiving Day: Mostly sunny, with a high near 58.

 

Thursday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 35.

 

Friday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 61.

 

Friday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 35.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.