Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Covington Catholic vs. Johnson Central

Who wins? 292 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • Covington Catholic
      64%
    • Johnson Central
      35%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I dont think that they have had as hard as a CCH, thats for sure.

 

Ashland has been our strongest opponent, and by the end of the year, was IMO as good as anyone in 3A.

  • Replies 478
  • Views 40.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ashland has been our strongest opponent, and by the end of the year, was IMO as good as anyone in 3A.

Couldnt agree with you on that one with CCH playing HHS, and Lex Cath.

Ashland has been our strongest opponent, and by the end of the year, was IMO as good as anyone in 3A.

Not even close....come on.:rolleyes:

Not even close....come on.:rolleyes:

 

Maybe you're right. The team I saw, on that night, was as good as us on that night. We executed in the last 5 minutes, and they didn't. Worthy of top 5 at least. We'll know where Ashland ranks late Friday night.

i think Cov Cath will win this game as long as they don't look past JC, CCH has been tested by alot of great teams. CCH has won the close games and they have won the games when they had to go punch for punch, and the teams they lost to were all good ohio teams.

Guys, we understand you are from the mountains and are proud of that. We are equally proud to be from NKY.

 

Can we stick to football though?

Awww, c-f... A little foolishness never hurts...

 

But, anyway... whoever said this was "strength against strength" is correct (meaning JC's run vs. CovCath's run D). Usually when games match up like that, it'll be the other side of the coin that'll determine the outcome. Central's defense is very good and has a lot of individual talent, but it hasn't seen a passing offense like the one CovCath will bring Friday. I'll take that another step...I'm not sure Jim Matney has ever had to prepare for a top-flight passing team before.

 

It'll be interesting to see how it all matches up.

You guys are going to have to cut the slapstick and just stick to the topic.

Awww, c-f... A little foolishness never hurts...

 

But, anyway... whoever said this was "strength against strength" is correct (meaning JC's run vs. CovCath's run D). Usually when games match up like that, it'll be the other side of the coin that'll determine the outcome. Central's defense is very good and has a lot of individual talent, but it hasn't seen a passing offense like the one CovCath will bring Friday. I'll take that another step...I'm not sure Jim Matney has ever had to prepare for a top-flight passing team before.

 

It'll be interesting to see how it all matches up.

 

You're right. We've seen the top-rated QB in Ohio, and did okay, but haven't faced a full offensive package. I know the Ohio manchild completed 2 or 3 to our guys.

Couldnt agree with you on that one with CCH playing HHS, and Lex Cath.

 

No doubt that CCH has had a tougher road to get to this point in the season. But, the question I have is about the health. I had read that a couple of DBs were injured. If this is the case, how injured are they and how much did the brutal schedule have to do with these injuries? Johnson Central is relatively healthy for this time of the year.

JC by 8

Guys, we understand you are from the mountains and are proud of that. We are equally proud to be from NKY.

 

Can we stick to football though?

 

CovCath is one great program. When we came up to the Bengals/Falcons, we watched the CCHS/FTH game on the tube, and I was personally mesmorized and hypnotised by the level of play of both teams. Shooo, then we had to go watch the Bengals the next day. Anyway, Covington and Newport sure play great football, and I think I speak for all Johnson Countians when I say we are honored to have the opportunity to watch CCHS play in person.

No doubt that CCH has had a tougher road to get to this point in the season. But, the question I have is about the health. I had read that a couple of DBs were injured. If this is the case, how injured are they and how much did the brutal schedule have to do with these injuries? Johnson Central is relatively healthy for this time of the year.

Both starting corners have sprained ankles, Brown's was tweeked again last night after suffering the original sprain about a month ago. Casteneda's was sprained in the first round of the playoffs and he sat out against Highlands in the second round and came in the game in the 4th quarter last night when Brown went out but was innefective and was not moving well and came out immediately. Brown re-entered the game and played the rest of the way. These two guys are extremely important to the team as they are the starting corners, return punts and kicks and Brown plays tailback about 40% of the snaps. Both are tough kids and I know you'll see Brown this weekend as they'll have to take him off on a stretcher not to play and I believe Joseph whose sprain seemed to be worse is healing will go if he can. That being said this is a very talented team and when Casteneda went out(and by the way he is getting DI looks and is considered an all-state prospect) the Colonels did'nt miss a beat and handled Highlands two weeks ago.

Everybody's good when you get this far.

 

With this being Cov Caths first and only game on real grass this year, will it make a difference.

 

Can Johnson Centrals D matchup with CCH's O. Very difficult. Not just player by player, but Coach R. has a very wierd scheme; can play to your weakest point no matter what it is.

Everybody's good when you get this far.

 

This is true. However, I am banking on the possibility that after playing two very emotional games against FTH and Lex Cath that the CovCath players may view Johnson Central as not being a worthy opponent.

 

With this being Cov Caths first and only game on real grass this year, will it make a difference.

 

I think it depends on how much rain we get this week as to whether it will make a difference or not. For the most part the field has been in decent shape except in the red zone...a little muddy there.

 

Can Johnson Centrals D matchup with CCH's O. Very difficult. Not just player by player, but Coach R. has a very wierd scheme; can play to your weakest point no matter what it is.

 

I think JCs Defense is as good as any in 3A. The Golden Eagles showed they could adjust quickly, playing a zone for the first time this season Friday night against Rockcastle. I believe it will match up with CovCath.

 

Go Eagles!!!

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.