KY HS Coaches sending letters to UL...

letabrotherspeak

If high school coaches are petty enough that they let their personal feelings about Louisville potentially interfere with the recruiting of a student then they shoud get out of coaching because they do not have the best interests of the kids at heart. If a kid chooses not to talk to Louisville that's one thing, if a coach blocks it that is outrageous.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

saying they are no longer welcome in recruiting athletes at their respective schools, for football.

This is a little snippet that I have heard. Can anyone add something to this?

They have a slight say over some of their kids...but those big stars, the ones that UL really goes after will still be recruited and will still sign.

They have a slight say over some of their kids...but those big stars, the ones that UL really goes after will still be recruited and will still sign.

I agree 100%. However does "freezing" out on school over another happen. I'd be willing to be that it happens a lot more than we would care to know. All I'm saying is that a good high school athletic director would prevent this. However, many schools don't have good AD's that are willing to put in the extra time to get their kids recruited by bigger schools. So most of the time it comes down to a kid performing on the field to get his own results. And if one particular schools wants to get in contact with a particular player, they'll do it.

saying they are no longer welcome in recruiting athletes at their respective schools, for football.

This is a little snippet that I have heard. Can anyone add something to this?

You know, I've wished very hard to be a millionaire for a long time. But no matter how hard I try, it hasn't happened.

LABS

Is on the money IMO with his posts because I've heard the same thing to and I believe I may be in total opposite end of the state...I don't know this thread is in violation of a rule? I did read in LHL last Friday about the incident in which Lou. pulled the scholarship of the player and they were very dissatisfied. The article in question was in the high school notebook by Mike Fields. I've also heard some of the same things being said on here...

Here was the quote in Mike Fields column from the Herald.

Rockcastle County Coach Tom Larkey spent the week getting his team ready for tonight's playoff showdown with Bell County, and fielding phone calls from the media about Brad Durham, his star lineman. Durham committed to Louisville before the season, but the Cards called the 6-foot-5, 300-pound senior on Saturday to tell him they were pulling their scholarship offer. "I guess it's legal but it's sure not ethical," Larkey said. "It could make some kids leery about verbally committing to Louisville in the future, and for good reason." Larkey said UK assistant Steve Ortmayer heard the news and called him to ask about Durham. "UK has been great in keeping up with Brad. I hope he ends up going there because Rich Brooks is a class act."

Maybe the dumbest thing I have ever heard...

I agree. There may be some coaches who have expressed concern that the instate candidates don't get the same consideration as they out of state kids, but to say 'don't recruit my kids' is ridiculous. Why do anything to limit a kids options to not include an up and coming program getting national attention? Doesn't make sense to me.