Who would win? CovCath or UConn Women's team

Finally !!! Someone with common sense. I think you meant that UCONN practices everyday against a boys squad who are former high school hoopers. Granted these guys aren't D1 caliber players, but they all played in high school and Gino thinks they are good enough to get his team ready. If not, he wouldn't let them anywhere near the Court.

To think that Crystal Dangerfield couldn't get hers against Aiden Ruthshatz or Gabby Williams against AJ Mayer or Katie Lou Samuelson against CJ Fredrick is simply not based in reality. I might have agreed that CCH would win if it was 10 or 15 years ago, but not now. Athleticism of the girls game has greatly improved. Use a 28.5 inch ball and the college three stripe and UConn is winning this one.

THe above is unbelievable. I had to read it twice to see if I could find where you were joking.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THe above is unbelievable. I had to read it twice to see if I could find where you were joking.

You are kidding right? Or are you that out of touch with reality? UConn Women practice daily against boys the level of most of the CCH players. Dangerfield, Williams and Samuelson are three to four years older and play at a speed you obviously don't appreciate or simply refuse to recognize.

You are kidding right? Or are you that out of touch with reality? UConn Women practice daily against boys the level of most of the CCH players. Dangerfield, Williams and Samuelson are three to four years older and play at a speed you obviously don't appreciate or simply refuse to recognize.

Yes these college women teams practice against boys, but they also usually have restrictions of the size of who is chosen to practice against. CovCath has 9 players who are 6’4 to 7’1 in height. They would have equal issues with the size and talent of Trinity. Those two high school teams, and probably Fern Creek too, would have little trouble with UConn. Too athletic, above the rim, too strong, too quick.

Show me these all-stars that they practice against.

Heck, let's take the 7-footer out of the equation.

You've got a 6'4 guard with long arms and a D1 scholly.

You've got a quick PG who can dunk, is stronger than any girl UConn has, and has a D2 scholly.

You've got a 6'4 215 pound foward who will play D1 football.

His 6'5 230 pound brother is also on the team.

Add in the 6'7 jump-through-the-roof forward.

You are a)buying to hype and b) completely ignoring the difference in size and strength.

Too fast. Too strong. Too quick.

Not. Close.

I can’t speak for UConn, but most D1 women’s teams practice against very average former high school boys players.

6’4 male athletes of quality, such as CovCath has, will out jump their 6’4 female counterparts by a foot. The ladies at the college level make it look easy against other ladies, but that Catholic team is a physical group of young men. I told the guy sitting next to be at Rupp that I’d guess half of the team,or more, were probably also on CovCath’s state football championship team.

Let's be totally honest here for a minute. In HS boys, the average center in Ky is about 6-2. Many of those guys play above their height because of leaping ability, strength and/or ability to position themselves accordingly.

How many women do you know who are 6-2 or above who are silky-smooth, athletically? Most girls that tall are slow and lumbering as hell.

I played at the courts at WKU daily in my college days, and we regularly got games in Diddle where Sanderford would send his girls out with us guys to get them toughened up. The guards could usually hold their own offensively against guys who started or were key reserves in HS, but they got crushed defensively.

In the post, it was a bloodbath. The girls were too slow and couldn't leap save for one or two bruisers, but for a 19yo guy, some of them were pretty hot and I might cut them a break when they boxed out particularly well.

WKU was making Final Four trips then.