Who would win? CovCath or UConn Women's team

What is the purpose of this thread?

It seems to me that it's main result is that it's shown the underlying sexism that exists here.

The purpose is fun, I guess. What's the purpose of most of the threads on this website? Sexism? Come on.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few months ago I listened to an a podcast that had Geno Auriemma, the UCONN women's head coach, on. He said that they regularly practice against male uconn students. He said some of the guys are pretty good players that could have played D3 ball if they wanted to but chose to just be a student at uconn instead. He said those random male students kick their butts but it makes them better players and thats why the do it. Most colleges do the same thing with similar results. A group of random guys with a little basketball skill will usually beat a top 25 womens D1 team, often it wouldn't be close. It is just the way it is.

Not sure if this has been mentioned but a few years ago the Australian nation women's team, a top 5 national team in the world, lost something like 7-0 to a local 14/15 year old boys team. Things like that are why its so tough to compare women vs. men sports. They are often more like two separate sports.

Here you go. That should show that the cov cath team would easily beat UConn

Lol is this a serious topic......UConn would beat them. Cov Cath is good for a HIGH SCHOOL team. UConn like most college teams practice against grown men daily. Not saying it wouldnt be a interesting game but I'd also take a Geno coached squad over a Ruthsatz squad anyday.

Again. Who is guarding Jake Walter?

It won’t though. There will still be folks who believe that CJ and Jake can be guarded by women who are shorter, slower, less athletic, less strong and weigh less than them.

Geno might be able to come up with a team defense to limit them. I mean he's a pretty good coach. Also, did I miss when Jake Walter became all world? I give UConn a chance for sure.

Geno might be able to come up with a team defense to limit them. I mean he's a pretty good coach. Also, did I miss when Jake Walter became all world? I give UConn a chance for sure.

I don’t care how all world you are or how great of a coach you are. A 6’3 160 Pound woman ain’t stopping a 7’0 260+ pound Man. Ever.

Edited by PurplePride92

Here you go. That should show that the cov cath team would easily beat UConn

Lol. I’m with you. Geno himself says a group of borderlines D3 guys whip them. And people want to argue about a crew like CCH.

Don’t let facts get in the way of a good argument!

Edited by Pi

I don’t care how all works you are or how great of a coach you are. A 6’3 160 Pound woman ain’t stopping a 7’0 260+ pound Man. Ever.

It's basketball not a weight lifting contest. Limited skill bigs never really concern me. I would be much more worried about the Frederick kid.

It's basketball not a weight lifting contest. Limited skill bigs never really concern me. I would be much more worried about the Frederick kid.

:lol2: :lol2:

CJ would score 50+ against those women. Jake and his limited skills would score 30+ and grab 15+ rebounds against those women without breaking much of a sweat. I’ve watched Jake use both hands in the paint against guys much taller, much stronger and more athletic than anything Geno’s team could throw at him. Anyone who thinks differently clearly has an agenda to take shots at Jake for some reason.

There is no one on UCONN that can keep Jake Walter from scoring. Period. He could score literally every possession.

And then they'd have to account for everyone else on the team.

Geno himself has said a bunch of random dudes whip his team on a daily basis. You don't think a state champion caliber HS team with 2 high level D1 kids would do the same?

There is no one on UCONN that can keep Jake Walter from scoring. Period. He could score literally every possession.

And then they'd have to account for everyone else on the team.

I would imagine Walter would probably get about 20 blocks too. They wouldn't be able to get a shot up in the paint IMO.