Who would win? CovCath or UConn Women's team

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Co Cath would win. If we are talking your average Varsity team, then UCONN might win. I think UCONN would beat Ryle, St. Henry, Ludlow, and other such teams.

Let me ask you this? Have any of you men lost a one on one game against a girl? Reggie Miller claimed he could never beat his sister.

When I was in 8th grade way back when, we played the varsity girls one time and the varsity girls coach called it off in the middle because we were too rough and we were also destroying them.

CovCath would annihilate UConn.

I would have thought the snowsuit would slow you down.

Interesting timing of this topic. I was speaking with my son this weekend about the level of play of woman's ball. He said UCONN practiced at their gym in the '16 season. He said Breanna Stewart could hold her own against most men. She was the real deal.

That being said, not sure as a unit they could beat a very good mens HS team.

In college I played against a very good D2 womans team with a bunch of other random hacks. We lost the first game to the girls team. After we figured out how to shoot the small ball and how to defend them, it was all she wrote for the gals.

Co Cath would win. If we are talking your average Varsity team, then UCONN might win. I think UCONN would beat Ryle, St. Henry, Ludlow, and other such teams.

Let me ask you this? Have any of you men lost a one on one game against a girl? Reggie Miller claimed he could never beat his sister.

You're also talking arguably the greatest female basketball player of all time.

When I was the Girls varsity coach at Brossart, we would occasionally scrimmage the freshmen boys. The Freshmen boys always had the upper hand.

My scout squad was made up of boys who had been cut from the freshmen/JV team. That was quite a bit more even, and highly beneficial to us.

I don't see them being able to pass the ball without it getting deflected or being able to stop the fastbreak imo. I guess a better comparison is CovCath vs All WNBA team. That'd be a better matchup.

UConn girls is a All WNBA team

I think it would be interesting game to watch. But it would be a high scoring game but I would have take UConn in this one. The score would probably be up in the hundreds.

No chance UConn women keep this close. They could never get an offense going.

UConn easily. They scrimmage against college players everyday

Finally !!! Someone with common sense. I think you meant that UCONN practices everyday against a boys squad who are former high school hoopers. Granted these guys aren't D1 caliber players, but they all played in high school and Gino thinks they are good enough to get his team ready. If not, he wouldn't let them anywhere near the Court.

To think that Crystal Dangerfield couldn't get hers against Aiden Ruthshatz or Gabby Williams against AJ Mayer or Katie Lou Samuelson against CJ Fredrick is simply not based in reality. I might have agreed that CCH would win if it was 10 or 15 years ago, but not now. Athleticism of the girls game has greatly improved. Use a 28.5 inch ball and the college three stripe and UConn is winning this one.