Who would win? CovCath or UConn Women's team

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol is this a serious topic......UConn would beat them. Cov Cath is good for a HIGH SCHOOL team. UConn like most college teams practice against grown men daily. Not saying it wouldnt be a interesting game but I'd also take a Geno coached squad over a Ruthsatz squad anyday.

The current women's world record for the 100 meter dash is 10.49 seconds held by Florence Griffith-Joyner. The current boy's record in Kentucky for the same event is 10.42 held by William Allen of PLD.

I think you will find similar comparisons in most other ways that athletes can be measured. When you consider that a kid in high school can outrun a world class professional female track and field athlete, this thread kinda seems silly.

A few months ago I listened to an a podcast that had Geno Auriemma, the UCONN women's head coach, on. He said that they regularly practice against male uconn students. He said some of the guys are pretty good players that could have played D3 ball if they wanted to but chose to just be a student at uconn instead. He said those random male students kick their butts but it makes them better players and thats why the do it. Most colleges do the same thing with similar results. A group of random guys with a little basketball skill will usually beat a top 25 womens D1 team, often it wouldn't be close. It is just the way it is.

Not sure if this has been mentioned but a few years ago the Australian nation women's team, a top 5 national team in the world, lost something like 7-0 to a local 14/15 year old boys team. Things like that are why its so tough to compare women vs. men sports. They are often more like two separate sports.

Several years ago pre knee problems and hip replacement, I am still balling and playing pretty well. My men's team was playing an open league at Falling Springs in Georgetown, and a team petitioned the league to allow a woman former WNBA player (started) and WKU grad to play. League allowed it. Long story short, the Cov Cath guards would have eaten her alive. I think that example speaks volumes.

The current women's world record for the 100 meter dash is 10.49 seconds held by Florence Griffith-Joyner. The current boy's record in Kentucky for the same event is 10.42 held by William Allen of PLD.

I think you will find similar comparisons in most other ways that athletes can be measured. When you consider that a kid in high school can outrun a world class professional female track and field athlete, this thread kinda seems silly.

giphy.gif

Love how passionate people are about their OPINIONS on this. :lol2:

Are you new here?:lol2:

No one will ever know for sure but there are plenty of examples of similar circumstances given within this thread, even one from Geno himself. Include the FACTS of the speed and strength of high school boys vs world class women athletes and it's a pretty logical conclusion.