Tennessee 61 Kentucky 59

newarkcatholicfan

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think he's a nice complimentary player and I'd imagine that he'll only get better and tougher with a few years on him. Just seems far off from awful, whomever was calling him that a few weeks when he was coming off missing a few games.

He was recruited to run the team and you saw who had the ball in his hands down the stretch, it was not him. Like the previous poster said, he is a Tubby Smith type player. This team needs a play maker and he is not that at this moment. Come back to me in 2 years and we can see how things are going. I get it, he is a freshman, but when you recruit like Cal and lose so many players each year, you can't afford to have a Freshman, 4 year developmental player running your team. In fact, at this point Cal sees it, he can't even run this team of misfits.

Reached his limit of basketball skills? He is still a freshman! We been so spoiled around here with guys playing great as freshman. We forget they can actually get better. He probably won't stay to his junior or senior year. But I can guarntee we wouldn't be saying yep he reached his limit as a freshman.

At the end of the day just because our expectations for him were high. Doesn't mean he is a failure and possibly reached his limit as you stated.

Sorry if it came across too negative. So it must be #2. Which I stated was one or the other in my opinion.

There is little reason to be given that a 6'5" athlete like Diallo commits 2 fouls and 2 Turnovers and not a single rebound in the game last night. Green had 4 rebounds with far less muscle and ability.

I don't think those expectations are too high for any one, freshman or Senior. Particularly in a must win game vs a physical team that crashes the boards.

SGA had played way to many minutes last night going into the last 2 possession (39 min out of 40). Cal has to get the kid some breaks/rest even if it's just 3 min total. Call the TO and he get's to rest and you set something up. Green was also playing a good game and sat to long really. I'd liked to have seen him get more looks late to keep SGA from doing it all and Tenn collapsing on him. SGA and Green have to start and play together. IMO

He was recruited to run the team and you saw who had the ball in his hands down the stretch, it was not him. Like the previous poster said, he is a Tubby Smith type player. This team needs a play maker and he is not that at this moment. Come back to me in 2 years and we can see how things are going. I get it, he is a freshman, but when you recruit like Cal and lose so many players each year, you can't afford to have a Freshman, 4 year developmental player running your team. In fact, at this point Cal sees it, he can't even run this team of misfits.

So...that makes him an awful basketball player?

Cats wouldn’t have had a shot to win this game last night if it wasn't for him.

Greene was never recruited to be a John Wall. If you expected him to be, that says more about you than it does him.

Point guards(s) are far from the issue on this team and yes, that's more cause of SGA. But him and Greene compliment each other pretty well.

So...that makes him an awful basketball player?

Cats wouldn’t have had a shot to win this game last night if it wasn't for him.

Greene was never recruited to be a John Wall. If you expected him to be, that says more about you than it does him.

Point guards(s) are far from the issue on this team and yes, that's more cause of SGA. But him and Greene compliment each other pretty well.

As a PG, yes the guy is terrible. He does not fit in well on this team. The PG gets individuals involved. Look at his numbers, there is no way you can argue he is a good fit, especially as a PG. I would hope the guy would have a good game every once in a while, dude is averaging near 25 minutes a game, with very little production to back up all the minutes.

I'm pretty sure Trae Young was recruited to run the team. We missed out on him, and got a talented guy in Green. We simply have just been spoiled here with pgs who were nba level talent right away.

In fact I don't think Teague who played on the 2012 title team was any better than what Green is. Only difference is Teague had 1st round NBA ready talent around him in Davis, Jones, MKG, Miller, and a shooter in Lamb.

It's not Greens fault he is literally surrounded by all freshman and not a single one is truly at this great level either. So yes calling him horrible is off based.