Tennessee 61 Kentucky 59

newarkcatholicfan

Seriously we are bashing Green. IMO, he has been one of the few bright spots so far this season. He averages 9.9 ppg and 2.7 ast. That's fifth and second overall on this roster. Not to mention that he is shooting 44% FG and leads the team at both FT% and 3PT% with 81% and 37%. I'm not a coach but he seems to also have one of the higher basketball IQs on the team.

Diallo might be an athletic freak who will perform well at the combine with his measurables, but at some point you need guys who can actually play ball. To me Quade is the later. I wish we had a couple more guys like him.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm pretty sure Trae Young was recruited to run the team. We missed out on him, and got a talented guy in Green. We simply have just been spoiled here with pgs who were nba level talent right away.

In fact I don't think Teague who played on the 2012 title team was any better than what Green is. Only difference is Teague had 1st round NBA ready talent around him in Davis, Jones, MKG, Miller, and a shooter in Lamb.

It's not Greens fault he is literally surrounded by all freshman and not a single one is truly at this great level either. So yes calling him horrible is off based.

We can agree to disagree. If he has to be lead PG for a UK team, Cal may as well retire now, there are going to be a lot of disappointed fans the next four years (including this year).

We can agree to disagree. If he has to be lead PG for a UK team, Cal may as well retire now, there are going to be a lot of disappointed fans the next four years (including this year).

The fact that you can't seem to grasp a player does get better beyond their freshman year. Is definitely reason for us to agree to disagree.

The fact that you can't seem to grasp a player does get better beyond their freshman year. Is definitely reason for us to agree to disagree.

He has 4 assists the last 5 games and they all came in the same game? I believe others are struggle as a result of him. It is amazing what a good point guard can do for a team. They help build confidence, which this team is sorely missing.

He has 4 assists the last 5 games and they all came in the same game? I believe others are struggle as a result of him. It is amazing what a good point guard can do for a team. They help build confidence, which this team is sorely missing.

He hasn't played the point guard role since mid December? If you have beef with point guard play, it should be with SGA. I love the kid but he often creates for himself.

Quade Green hasn't played a true PG in almost 2 months (since he got hurt) so idk why you keep thinking he should be playing different than he is, because his role changed. Idk why you feel the need to harp on Greene, he isn't even remotely in the first handful of issues with this UK team.

Name your great teams then instead of taking shots at my opinion. Let's hear your facts.

Villanova, UVA and Purdue have separated themselves. You can take the Top 10 and say the same. I already know you’re gonna say I’m wrong which is fine. Also those top 3, probably wouldn’t be too worried with UK/UNC in the second round.

Villanova, UVA and Purdue have separated themselves. You can take the Top 10 and say the same. I already know you’re gonna say I’m wrong which is fine. Also those top 3, probably wouldn’t be too worried with UK/UNC in the second round.

Villanova just lost at home to St. John's.

With SGA really coming on over the last month. Green role has changed. Green when he comes in by the looks of it, is suppose to be looking for his shot. Which imo probably came from Cal since as a team they don't shoot well.

Also for a team to get assists. Players actually have to make a shot after getting a pass.

You are so focused on what he looks like this year. You can't seem to fanthom a player can look better every year they stay. Is he the perfect pg for this young team this year no. Hence why SGA plays the point now the majority of the game. Is he someone who does have talent, yes definitely. I honestly love the little bit of edge and cockiness and confidence he has. He is someone that is going to be a very good and big key for this team over the next few years. That is because players do get better after their freshman years. Which you don't seem to grasp that.

Purdue just lost at home to Ohio State.

Nova and Purdue just showed they are not world beaters either. This year is truly wide open.

Texas A&M just beat Auburn on the road. Third top 10 team to lose at home tonight. They are all beatable this season.

He hasn't played the point guard role since mid December? If you have beef with point guard play, it should be with SGA. I love the kid but he often creates for himself.

Quade Green hasn't played a true PG in almost 2 months (since he got hurt) so idk why you keep thinking he should be playing different than he is, because his role changed. Idk why you feel the need to harp on Greene, he isn't even remotely in the first handful of issues with this UK team.

So your post validates my point. Green was brought in to be PG and has lost that battle. So now he moves to the 2 and you now have two guys who are handling the ball, both of which struggle to create for others. Hence, why this offense bogs down, especially with no outside shooting.