Tennessee 61 Kentucky 59

newarkcatholicfan

UK is a lifelong scholarship also. A few kids may pick Duke for academic reasons, but 95% of those kids aren't one and done either.

I'm not complaining about recruiting. I'm just pointing out that many of the same people I see here and on social media complaining about recruiting, are the same people complaing about recruiting one and done players.

I know UK is a lifelong scholarship as well but it’s not Duke.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know it's a 50/50 call but I thought Cal should have called TO to set up a play at the end. The team is so young. I felt they need some guidance rather than SGA driving into 3 UT defenders and losing the ball.

Cal admitted as much in the post-game interview. He said he was to blame for this loss.

They are freshmen and some of them are soft like freshmen.

Most freshmen aren't like Cousins and Randle. This is what typical freshmen look like. They need to toughen up to get to the level needed to win in February and March.

Well the list is actually a little longer.

Strong like Cousins, Randle, KAT, MKG, Fox, Wall.

He absolutely had 2 tos left and should have used 1 to set up a play. Total lapse by the bench imo.
:thumb:

I saw part of his post game presser and he said exactly that about the t/o ..."i should have called the t/o, I don't usually do that but with this team I should have ..this loss is on me" .

Could get real interesting for the Cats in the next couple weeks.

Absolutely have to win the 3 remaining home games against Bama, Missouri, and Ole Miss. They do that, and avoid a 1st rd exit in the SEC tournament and they'll be in.

I'd venture their chances of stealing one of the 4 remaining road games (@ A&M, @ Auburn, @ Arkansas, and @ Florida) are slim to none.

I like their chances against Auburn. UK matches up better with them, than they do these physical teams. Just like WVU fast paced style helped UK. I see the same with Auburn.

I think it's either one of two things concerning Diallo:

1. This is the limit of his basketball skills.

2. He isn't working hard on improving his deficiencies in his game.

Reached his limit of basketball skills? He is still a freshman! We been so spoiled around here with guys playing great as freshman. We forget they can actually get better. He probably won't stay to his junior or senior year. But I can guarntee we wouldn't be saying yep he reached his limit as a freshman.

At the end of the day just because our expectations for him were high. Doesn't mean he is a failure and possibly reached his limit as you stated.