Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tennessee 61 Kentucky 59

Featured Replies

Is this team better than the other team that went to the NIT?

  • Replies 148
  • Views 18.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I hear Vitale say one more time “this group isn’t as talented” I’m gonna pull what hair I have left out.

I agree the defense is much better at getting stops. But they don't get steals - rank #223 in D1 in steals.

 

Other stats of note:

 

#230 in field goals attempted

#347 in 3 point field goals attempted

#214 in assists

#207 in turnovers

#244 in free throw percent

 

I would venture to say most of Cals team weren't that high on steals. He has even stated he doesn't like guys taking chances and going for steals. His problem is not having anyone who can block shots lol

And this team belongs in the top 68? I don't see how.

 

Because they have 17 wins against the 11th toughest schedule.

I would venture to say most of Cals team weren't that high on steals. He has even stated he doesn't like guys taking chances and going for steals. His problem is not having anyone who can block shots lol

 

#27 in blocks.

Just awful basketball. Can anyone have fun watching this? It’s like stabbing my eye balls with a steak knife.

I noted last game how poor UK is at spacing. It is a college basketball problem in general, but your young teams really struggle with it. SGA lost the ball down the stretch, we know. But the action kickstarting those plays with Richards was horrendous.

 

I don’t want to say UK is on the bubble (yet), but they aren’t going to be favored these next couple of games, at A&M and at Auburn. Lose those and it gets much more murky.

Because they have 17 wins against the 11th toughest schedule.

 

But how many more wins are we going to get? If we can't beat Missouri and Tennessee at home, we in trouble.

Is this team better than the other team that went to the NIT?

 

Yes

Is this team better than the other team that went to the NIT?

Yes. Not remotely close. Julius Mays and Jarrad Polson were main cogs in that system.

Is this team better than the other team that went to the NIT?

 

A million times better that’s why some of us are questioning the coaching. That team had no guard whatsoever. This team is a middle of the pack SEC team, who Cal is still trying to get to play together...what we wish it was is the Julius Randle team full of talent just waiting to click.

I noted last game how poor UK is at spacing. It is a college basketball problem in general, but your young teams really struggle with it. SGA lost the ball down the stretch, we know. But the action kickstarting those plays with Richards was horrendous.

 

I don’t want to say UK is on the bubble (yet), but they aren’t going to be favored these next couple of games, at A&M and at Auburn. Lose those and it gets much more murky.

UK’s 3 toughest SEC games in my opinion are yet to come @A&M @Auburn @Florida they HAVE to go 2-1 in these 3 games and I have zero confidence in that happening. I don’t think they’re on the bubble either but if they lose 2-3 more games and they will be squarely on the bubble and an early exit in the SEC tourney could be a nail in the coffin.

But how many more wins are we going to get? If we can't beat Missouri and Tennessee at home, we in trouble.

Missouri hasn’t yet traveled to Rupp.

I really wish Cal would start keeping players for more than just a year. I mean if your so worried about getting players to the NBA, then by all means go be an NBA coach...

Funny tweet from National guy @RobDauster:

 

"Watching Kentucky-Tennessee after that Butler-Xavier game is like opening a pizza box and seeing all that's left is cheese-less, sauce-less gluten-free vegan slices."

 

That sounds a lot easier to deal with than steak knives in the eyes.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.