Tennessee 61 Kentucky 59

newarkcatholicfan

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I agree the defense is much better at getting stops. But they don't get steals - rank #223 in D1 in steals.

Other stats of note:

#230 in field goals attempted

#347 in 3 point field goals attempted

#214 in assists

#207 in turnovers

#244 in free throw percent

I would venture to say most of Cals team weren't that high on steals. He has even stated he doesn't like guys taking chances and going for steals. His problem is not having anyone who can block shots lol

Just awful basketball. Can anyone have fun watching this? It’s like stabbing my eye balls with a steak knife.

I noted last game how poor UK is at spacing. It is a college basketball problem in general, but your young teams really struggle with it. SGA lost the ball down the stretch, we know. But the action kickstarting those plays with Richards was horrendous.

I don’t want to say UK is on the bubble (yet), but they aren’t going to be favored these next couple of games, at A&M and at Auburn. Lose those and it gets much more murky.

Is this team better than the other team that went to the NIT?

A million times better that’s why some of us are questioning the coaching. That team had no guard whatsoever. This team is a middle of the pack SEC team, who Cal is still trying to get to play together...what we wish it was is the Julius Randle team full of talent just waiting to click.

I noted last game how poor UK is at spacing. It is a college basketball problem in general, but your young teams really struggle with it. SGA lost the ball down the stretch, we know. But the action kickstarting those plays with Richards was horrendous.

I don’t want to say UK is on the bubble (yet), but they aren’t going to be favored these next couple of games, at A&M and at Auburn. Lose those and it gets much more murky.

UK’s 3 toughest SEC games in my opinion are yet to come @A&M @Auburn @Florida they HAVE to go 2-1 in these 3 games and I have zero confidence in that happening. I don’t think they’re on the bubble either but if they lose 2-3 more games and they will be squarely on the bubble and an early exit in the SEC tourney could be a nail in the coffin.