Will Wolford Out At St. X

Tigers88

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, I'm just asking this because I don't know. What would be more intriguing for let's say Chuck Smith at St. X?

More money? Chance to win 6A?

Just wondering the difference between a job at St. X and a job at Boyle County.

He's from Louisville, too.

I don't think so...he doesn't have anything that St. X wants as a coach (Record wise)...if it isn't Chuck Smith it will be someone with a similar track record outside the state.

Understands Louisville recruiting landscape, great football mind, won everywhere he's been, spent most of his career in 6A, well respected in the coaching frat...I would say he brings quite a bit to the table. IMO.

Understands Louisville recruiting landscape, great football mind, won everywhere he's been, spent most of his career in 6A, well respected in the coaching frat...I would say he brings quite a bit to the table. IMO.
I totally agree...any job outside the big 3 he would be a great hire...and he would be a great hire for St. X but they want a splash hire...someone who has won State Championships. I really think they will go national with this. JMHO.

Chuck Smith to Saint X! I would bet a couple Boyle players going with him. Reese Smith and Wilson Kelly!

X wouldn't allow that. They are above transfers. If you don't start your HS career at X you don't deserve to go to X. They also didn't play in the CSAA so they haven't worked their way through the system to earn the right to play for X.

X wouldn't allow that. They are above transfers. If you don't start your HS career at X you don't deserve to go to X. They also didn't play in the CSAA so they haven't worked their way through the system to earn the right to play for X.
You mean if the 2 boys that transferred from Indiana to Trinity (Rondale Moore and Stephen Herron) would have chosen St. X, that St. X would have said no to them? I HIGHLY doubt it....they would be open arms to them coming.

I know for a fact that not all X players played for CSAA. I also know for a fact that students have transferred to X after their freshman year, some of which were athletes who played. And there is nothing wrong with any of that.