Will Wolford Out At St. X

Tigers88

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am quite confident there will not be a national search, unless there has been a change of heart. Several years ago I had this conversation with the powers that be, and was reminded that this is a high school, not a college.

Really don't have any clue. Todd Walsh will be part of any consideration.

There have been non Catholic head coaches at X, just not football, at least that I am aware of. If not Catholic, I am quite confident that your core principles better align with those of Catholicism.

Mike is probably 65. They need to bite the bullet and ask Mike to be on the search committee. I believe there was one for when Mike left, and, if memory serves, Wolford chaired it and asked for the job himself.

No need for a national search. You post the job and after a few days, week tops, narrow the candidates to top 5. Now, if one of the top candidates is outside the state then that’s the way it works out, but no need to act like you’re prep school or big time college and try to entice a coach from California, Texas, or Ohio.

I’m sure Donhoff and staff have a list of potential candidates they would like to see apply for the job and if those candidates show interest they’ll start there, but it’s a process and let it work out as such. There are plenty of capiable coaches in the school building, area, and within the state.

Because it’s X and they are above such things. When Beatty was first hired at Trinity that was their criticism of choice, shouldn’t have gone national for the hire.

I guess it shows they think pretty highly of themselves if they never want to go outside their X circle to hire anyone.

You beat me to the punch...it sounds like they are saying since it is St. X...everyone will want to come to there and there will thousands of applications submitted so there will be no need to search nationally...thing is...they might be right.

You beat me to the punch...it sounds like they are saying since it is St. X...everyone will want to come to there and there will thousands of applications submitted so there will be no need to search nationally...thing is...they might be right.

Does St. X have that kind of national appeal? Regionally maybe, but nationally? I'm not sure.

I guess it shows they think pretty highly of themselves if they never want to go outside their X circle to hire anyone.
If they keep it in the family then they are doing themselves and injustice...just ask the blue people of Troublesome Creek :wideyed:

Does St. X have that kind of national appeal? Regionally maybe, but nationally? I'm not sure.
I think they do...they have deep pockets and a very strong following. They could easily be in the same situation as Trinity (State champs every year) if they get the right coach in place.

It’s a process, let the process work its way out. Those around the state, region, and country who see it posted on social media and websites like this one and football scoop will do their research and see if it’s a school and athletic program they want to be a part of. I know X hasn’t been as dominant in football and basketball like some other schools, but they’re second to none overall as an athletic department; I’ll defer to their hiring ability and process.