Will Wolford Out At St. X

Tigers88

Curious as I truly have no idea, why the coaching change? Looking for real answers not disrespectful ones

I read somewhere that the AD was on record saying he was surprised by the resignation.

This was one of St. X's best seasons in several years, and it would certainly seem like their best season under Coach Wolford. I wonder if this couldn't possibly be a case of Coach Wolford selling while his stock is up, as it were, and looking for a better job elsewhere (if he doesn't have one lined up already).

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read somewhere that the AD was on record saying he was surprised by the resignation.

This was one of St. X's best seasons in several years, and it would certainly seem like their best season under Coach Wolford. I wonder if this couldn't possibly be a case of Coach Wolford selling while his stock is up, as it were, and looking for a better job elsewhere (if he doesn't have one lined up already).

I don't know Will but I know some of his acquaintances, relatives and staff coaches. I'd be very surprised if he will coach anywhere else. I think it is St. X or no one for him IMO.

I am actually with you on this one. Let them do their thing, my only criticism with Wolford was the fact that they started him a year too soon as HC. Glaser deserved to be the coach in 13 where they probably would have won state.

A little politics involved.

Tigercat, i beilive Coach Glaser, over the five year coaching span of coach Wolford’s would have won two state championships.

No way.

'15 Male was undefeated and deserved it.

'13 Scott Co. beat Male, and earned it as well. Trinity won the rest, and X wasn't stopping them.