Will Wolford Out At St. X

Tigers88

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Potential search committee

Mike Glaser- former coach, bleeds green and gold

Chad O'Shea- Patriots WR coach and X Alum. He is a little busy right now, but I would ask him what he would look for in a coach.

Chris Brown- author of "Smart Football" and X Alum. He said on Twitter he would like to be on the search committee. He has a ton of national contacts.

Charles Walker- UK player

Bernard Jackson- X Alum, former UT player and Washington Redskin player

Who else???

Potential search committee

Mike Glaser- former coach, bleeds green and gold

Chad O'Shea- Patriots WR coach and X Alum. He is a little busy right now, but I would ask him what he would look for in a coach.

Chris Brown- author of "Smart Football" and X Alum. He said on Twitter he would like to be on the search committee. He has a ton of national contacts.

Charles Walker- UK player

Bernard Jackson- X Alum, former UT player and Washington Redskin player

Who else???

Tendai Charasika

Roundsteak, the big monied interests at Saint Xavier call the tune like they always have. How in the world do you think they ended up with Wolford to begin with. His record in 5 years, just above the .500 mark.pitiful when you think of their resources and talent level each year. If coach Glaser was still coaching over that same five year span, i believe Mike would have added 2 more state championships over that period.

Roundsteak, the big monied interests at Saint Xavier call the tune like they always have. How in the world do you think they ended up with Wolford to begin with. His record in 5 years, just above the .500 mark.pitiful when you think of their resources and talent level each year. If coach Glaser was still coaching over that same five year span, i believe Mike would have added 2 more state championships over that period.

Fyi, 44-22 is .667 win %.

It wasn’t a great 5 years, but “just above .500” is very misleading.

Still a terrible winning percentage when you consider a mediocre schedule at best.

Their resources and talent level each year, and the coaching talent available at this school. I have seen this all before. Saint X will adjust their focus once again and put it back on the football program and in a short period of time they will be on an equal footing with Trinity. I am surprised they have let the imbalance go this long.

I have no idea what the religious criteria is, if any, but has Saint Xavier ever had a non Catholic head coach ? I can not think of one if they have. Trinity had Dennis Lampley a practicing Protestant, and i don’t believe the current Trinity coach is catholic. This approach of Trinity’s sure opens things up to a lot more when it comes to hiring the best man for the job.

Coach Smith is Catholic btw. However I know the retirement issue very well could be a big factor. Hope he stays right where he is.