BGP QOTD: Do You Fly A Flag At Your House?

Colonels_Wear_Blue

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering the thread topic, this is probably too much info with a lot of it not being "flag" specific, but what might one expect from me? :lol2:

I live in an apartment that is very much out of the view of the public eye, so any symbolism that I have on display is only seen by me, or any guests who might drop by.

I have a rainbow flag, as well as accents of stars and stripes type symbolism in various spots around my apartment.

There are sports type remnants, posters, banners, or blankets sitting or hanging around in support of Kentucky, NKU, The Bengals, The Reds, the golf great Arnold Palmer, and the Olympics.

Norwegian and Wisconsin symbolism related to the memory of my deceased partner. I have his triangular wrapped American Flag that was provided since he was a veteran of the United States Army, but have it safely put away to avoid damage.

Various other such symbolistic displays such as French, British,Scottish, and Greek.

Various religious symbolism related to my upbringing, and in memory of my parents.

Various displays of symbolism in memory of my deceased brown tabby Iris, as well as some accents of items related to my love of music.

No lights on ours unfortunately and although we are aware of the flag code and when to raise and lower it, sometimes life gets in the way.

My parents have a big flag pole in their yard. My mom is retired from DAV and my dad is a Vietnam vet so they take their flag kind of serious. They knew they couldn't take flag up and down every day so bought a solar light that attaches to top of flag pole and shines light down. Not super bright but it works.

Something like this

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Deluxe-Solar-Flag-Pole-Flagpole-Light-by-Deneve-26-LED-Downlight-for-Most-15-to-25-Ft-Flag-Pole-for-Night-Lighting-26-LED/109767034?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=990&adid=22222222228057616211&wmlspartner=wmtlabs&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=m&wl3=161617581782&wl4=pla-270327977738&wl5=9014427&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=113145991&wl11=online&wl12=109767034&wl13=&veh=sem

I have a large American flag in front of house year round. 2 small garden flags one is reds and one is Kentucky. Reds will get changed to Bengals once season starts. Reds flag on back deck that again will be changed to bengals once season starts. I have a large wooden American flag hanging on wall in loft room at top of steps upstairs.