While millions visit the Ark, Grant County is sinking fast trying to avoid bankruptcy

I dont know, with continued additions to the ARK property of other attractions maybe not. They are expanding the zoo, have plans for a concert venue, more rides and kid attractions. Time will tell.

Wasnt the same thing said of the Creation Museum? It's been open over 10 years now.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know, with continued additions to the ARK property of other attractions maybe not. They are expanding the zoo, have plans for a concert venue, more rides and kid attractions. Time will tell.

The business plan for both the Creation Museum and the Ark are built upon a notion that they reside in the middle of their customer base. The larger issue may be that the customer base is a finite pool of potential. Yes, it's likely to see a steady stream of church groups visiting, likely a few others, but ultimately a fairly well defined target of customers, that is limited.

Once the initial buzz subsides, this model has zero chance to grow without augmentation. I would doubt a concert venue increases that revenue potential very much.

I'm predicting the LeSourdesville Lake South

Wasnt the same thing said of the Creation Museum? It's been open over 10 years now.

That was expected to have half of the visitors the Freedom museum had projected. And it ended it being just the opposite.

Are "millions" really flocking to see the Arc? They do a steady business from what i can gather...but millions?

I also have the feeling this is going to be a "sinking" attraction after a few years. Kind of like an old amusement park some eccentric guy builds in some out of the way place, it stays popular enough for a few years, then business dries up to a trickle and the park closes only to become one of those creepy abandoned places people travel to and post on YouTube. Search YouTube for those, several of them out there.

I wouldn't count on this failing. They were a client of mine (I do digital advertising) for several years, and these guys have an incredible draw, from an incredibly large area. Nearly 2/3 of the country is within a one day drive and they fill a niche with very few competitors. And they are just enough of a novelty, with enough other things going on, that they can draw from outside their typical customer base as well. They are very well run, and have solid marketing plans. The Creation Museum/Ark is not everyone's cup of tea. But that doesn't make them doomed for failure.

Are "millions" really flocking to see the Arc? They do a steady business from what i can gather...but millions?

I also have the feeling this is going to be a "sinking" attraction after a few years. Kind of like an old amusement park some eccentric guy builds in some out of the way place, it stays popular enough for a few years, then business dries up to a trickle and the park closes only to become one of those creepy abandoned places people travel to and post on YouTube. Search YouTube for those, several of them out there.

Ken Ham Pleased With 1.1 Million Ark Encounter Visitors, but Says Attendance Limited by Hotel Space

The business plan for both the Creation Museum and the Ark are built upon a notion that they reside in the middle of their customer base. The larger issue may be that the customer base is a finite pool of potential. Yes, it's likely to see a steady stream of church groups visiting, likely a few others, but ultimately a fairly well defined target of customers, that is limited.

Once the initial buzz subsides, this model has zero chance to grow without augmentation. I would doubt a concert venue increases that revenue potential very much.

A friend of mine who is in his 70's told me last week that he has made two trips up there, one to the museum when it opened and one to the Ark. He said his church organized them but it didn't matter how many more they planned he wouldn't be part of it. Said he'd seen all he wanted.

My guess is after the new wears off the excitement will wear thin as well. I mean, how many return customers can they expect to want to see the same thing over and over.

Especially since the music played there is almost certainly to be Christian Rock (gotta reach that young audience), and almost certainly to be atrociously bad.