Stanford's McCaffery to skip Sun Bowl to prep for draft.

jericho

Side note: I didn't realize Christian McCaffery's dad was THAT Ed McCaffery until they brought it up during the Patriots/Broncos game yesterday. Good genes helps. :lol2:

I had the same reaction. Can't believe I never heard that before, but then again, I don't really watch much Stanford football.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im surprised more don't do this. Not surprised by how many will condone it. There is no "I" in team, but there is "e and m"-- (ME). I don't blame the kid in today's world.... Wander if he will get rid of his surf board and car keys.

Same. I get it. I don't like it. I get it and understand it completely. If he was my kid I would advise him not to play. If it was me I'd play.

Agreed! I do think this will happen more often. Honestly this could also help get us to a bigger playoff system of at least 8 teams. Ncaa may realize there is no real reason for some kids to play. The schools make a lot of money from it, but the players don't see a dime of that. So why risk their future payday to make money for the school. It sucks, but I definitely get it.

So making the playoffs bigger means a chance for players to actually have something to play for.

I say I get it but I'm can't say if I'd do it. It would be tough to walk away from teammates.

Thats where I'm at. I hate the thought of him being one of the best running backs the school ever had that walked away from his team. That will be a memory for some. I understand why and it may be a very smart move but it just doesn't feel right. Don't think I could do it, but I could easily regret not doing it too.

Where is this going to end up? Why would anyone who is draftable play? Why would they play the second half of their draft-eligible year? When they do play, will they go hell-bent-for-leather all the time or will they avoid certain plays because they might get hurt? To me this is a disturbing trend that eats at the very essence of competitive football.