Stanford's McCaffery to skip Sun Bowl to prep for draft.

jericho

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He did spend the whole year with his team. Bowl games are nothing more than exhibition games if you aren't in the playoffs. Ask Jalen Smith if it's a good idea to play in these.

The bowl game counts IMO as the whole year.

If its the Nat Champ Bowl does he still sit out?

The bowl game counts IMO as the whole year.

If its the Nat Champ Bowl does he still sit out?

I wouldn't think so because that game has meaning. You play to win a title. If you make the playoffs your season isn't over. What exactly does the Hyundai Sun Bowl against UNC mean in the bigger picture? It's about risk reward. Why risk being Jalen Smith if there is no reward?

This will continue to happen more and more and I don't blame the kids one bit.

It's absolutely not worth it to risk your NFL career on one game that means absolutely nothing if you're not playing for a National Championship.

Half or more of his season was spent playing for nothing then because they were never in the hunt for a playoff.

Why did he finish the season and not just take it off too?

This will continue to happen more and more and I don't blame the kids one bit.

It's absolutely not worth it to risk your NFL career on one game that means absolutely nothing if you're not playing for a National Championship.

I agree. BUT I want to also note that its always been that way, even 50 years ago. Only 3 or 4 teams knew they had a chance to be named national champs. Back in the day it was done as a media vote, many times naming unjustified national Champs due to the political landscape of the sport. But most teams in bowls knew they weren't going to be named national champ due to a win in their bowl. The playoffs haven't changed that situation.