St. X 35 Highlands 21

UKBLUE1964

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All in all a pretty good showing for the Birds in this game. I think the passing game is coming around a Little. 45 had a couple of nice catches. I do have a complaint about refs ( I usually do not do this) it seemed like Cecil was getting popped a lot of times well after the ball was gone. I know the refs called one, but they let a lot go. Also I was suprised at how sparce the X crowd was. Couldn't have been 200 fans over there, and no students at all. Whats up with that?

A good showing from the Birds. The Highlands d will need to contain better if they plan to go beat teams like this though. Too many bites on the inside play action leaving the ends exposed or receivers open down field. I'm sure this will be worked on in practice this week.

Kramer showed he is a legit Mr. Football candidate. Much more exciting to watch than the back from X. I bet he produced more all purpose yardage today too. Cecil had a solid game as well. I wish Mueller would open up the offense a bit more. Some intermediate passes and more screens but please, far fewer long balls.

Good game Birds, another tough defeat but you all showed a lot of heart!

A good showing from the Birds. The Highlands d will need to contain better if they plan to go beat teams like this though. Too many bites on the inside play action leaving the ends exposed or receivers open down field. I'm sure this will be worked on in practice this week.

Kramer showed he is a legit Mr. Football candidate. Much more exciting to watch than the back from X. I bet he produced more all purpose yardage today too. Cecil had a solid game as well. I wish Mueller would open up the offense a bit more. Some intermediate passes and more screens but please, far fewer long balls.

Good game Birds, another tough defeat but you all showed a lot of heart!

Your team came out and surprised alot of people, but not me. When we played your team in the 7 on 7 meet this summer I knew your team was the real deal and had a shot at St.X. Great try!! Your program and fans are a class act! TRINITY look forward to playing against Highlands next year.:thumb:

I predicted St. X -35 Highlands - 14. I was close. The Bluebirds are tough. The most impressive thing they bring besides their quick offensive line is that there is no quit in them. Good job both teams. Great highschool football game.

Here's a question. It seems that many on this thread, including the Saint X fans, are really impressed by HHS. However, Bowling Green played Saint X a closer game this year. Is Saint X a lot better now than they were when they played BG?

Also, for the Saint X fans, how would you compare HHS with BG?

Here's a question. It seems that many on this thread, including the Saint X fans, are really impressed by HHS. However, Bowling Green played Saint X a closer game this year. Is Saint X a lot better now than they were when they played BG?

Also, for the Saint X fans, how would you compare HHS with BG?

BG's defense may have been better. H's offense was superior, but most of the BG backfield was out the night they played X.

I said it in an earlier post, but it bears repeating: Immense respect for Highlands. They have far fewer boys in the school than X, IMO less athleticism, but they stuck right with X, and never blinked or flinched. It again confirms the old axiom: It's not the size of the dog in the fight-its the size of the fight in the dog.

Great game. I was very impressed with HHS, especially the O line. Numbers 4 and 41 were a great 1-2 punch for the Blue Birds and kept them in the game. Good job HHS.

Sometimes I think St. X tries to out smart itself. The new defensive and offensive sets weren't very productive today. Hopefully when the film is evaluated St. X can make some adjustments.

Again, great job both teams, everyone played hard and the weather took a lot out of all the players. so everyone should sleep well tonight. I think that HHS is the team to beat in 3A at this time.

I don't want to be the party-pooper here by any means but I agree with Coach Mueller when he says that he schedules tough opponents, not to learn about strengths or weaknesses of his team in losses, but to WIN the games. In my mind, and in the minds of several others I'm sure, Highlands is the finest football program in the state of Kentucky. If HHS is indeed the finest program in this state, then their players and fans should NEVER be happy or content after going home from a losing game against an in-state opponent.

On an unrelated note, I still think that HHS should demand to have its wins from 2004 reinstated, given that the courts ultimately upheld the Mitchell's and HHS' position and did not support the KHSAA's opinion.

I don't want to be the party-pooper here by any means but I agree with Coach Mueller when he says that he schedules tough opponents, not to learn about strengths or weaknesses of his team in losses, but to WIN the games. In my mind, and in the minds of several others I'm sure, Highlands is the finest football program in the state of Kentucky. If HHS is indeed the finest program in this state, then their players and fans should NEVER be happy or content after going home from a losing game against an in-state opponent.
Nobody is "happy" about it. But it only makes sense to take some positives away from a game in which we were the decided underdog. You don't have to win to have a good game.

Highlands should be proud of the way they counter punched in the 2nd half. X's D gave up too many big plays. I never thought I would say this but "Will X ease up on the passing." We need to make team stop the run first. I would be happy never throwing on 1st down.

Kramer and 41 were solid players; are they seniors?

That 4th and 4 pass was a great call...