Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

St. X 35 Highlands 21

Featured Replies

Final.

 

 

 

Too much Anderson and Finch in second half for Highlands to handle.

  • Replies 113
  • Views 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slow start for X. Gave up some big plays on D. Typical X offense in the 2nd half with slow grinding drives. I'll take the win but I dont think thats going to be enough come playoff time.

Highlands offensive line once again looked very good, some bonecrushing trap blocks. Cecil played a whale of a game along with Kramer who showed why he needs to be considered a Mr. Football Candidate.

 

Keep your head up Birds... if you play like you did today you will get to Papa John Stadium. X was flawless... no mistakes and when you have Vic Anderson and then Duece Finch.. there is no reason why you shouldnt wear down opposing defenses.

 

Highlands passing game is coming along.. Cecil made some nice deep balls...Massillon fans sitting next to me were very impressed with him as a QB. Its stinks to lose but the Birds faced what could be the best offense in the state, hands down.

Were there any injuries for the birds?

Yes, the kid that literally threw his body into Vic Anderson on the kickoff return.. Terry O'Brien..looked like he has a shoulder injury. He hit Vic Anderson running full speed... what a tough nut !!!

Its stinks to lose but the Birds faced what could be the best offense in the state, hands down.

 

 

X its pretty good but I think Male has the best offense IMO. I think the birds have one of the best O-lines so far.

X its pretty good but I think Male has the best offense IMO. I think the birds have one of the best O-lines so far.

 

You could be right... I missed the Male/HHS scrimmage so I don't know. X QB is pretty good but I would have like to have seen him throw more down the field. He laid one in there real nice in the 2nd half but Bathiany made an outstanding play on the ball. I just think with Anderson and Fitch back there.... why you don't just line up and run..run... run..... it just doesnt make sense. They pretty much did in the 2nd half but sometimes offens.coordinators try to do too much when they should just stick with their bread and butter.

 

Stats.... I know Kramer had over 100yds rushing and possibly 175 recieving with that long screen for a TD. Cecil had another huge day running the ball, at one point he was 16 for 90 yds rushing.

 

Anderson may have gotten over 100 yrds... not sure.

You could be right... I missed the Male/HHS scrimmage so I don't know. X QB is pretty good but I would have like to have seen him throw more down the field. He laid one in there real nice in the 2nd half but Bathiany made an outstanding play on the ball. I just think with Anderson and Fitch back there.... why you don't just line up and run..run... run..... it just doesnt make sense. They pretty much did in the 2nd half but sometimes offens.coordinators try to do too much when they should just stick with their bread and butter.

 

Stats.... I know Kramer had over 100yds rushing and possibly 175 recieving with that long screen for a TD. Cecil had another huge day running the ball, at one point he was 16 for 90 yds rushing.

 

Anderson may have gotten over 100 yrds... not sure.

 

I know Anderson had 154yds and 3 TDs rushing. I know he had that 34yard pass and a few yards recieving. I was wanting to check out the teams stats for overall yards etc.

I was really proud of our Birds. They fought hard and played well. The mistakes were fewer, and the offense seems to be getting some legs.

 

Btw, that screen pass touchdown to Kramer was a site to behold! I almost cried! :cry: :thumb:

Anderson had 154 yards on 21 carries and 3 TDs

 

Here's some more stats from near the end of the game.

 

St. X had 373 total yards at that point

Highlands had 329 total yards " " "

 

Cecil had 180 yards passing and 99 yards rushing as of about 2:30 left in the game.

 

St. X had something like 120 yards passing with about 3:30 to play.

 

Sorry, they didn't give final game stats on the TV broadcast, other than the Vic Anderson stats above.

 

 

P.S. If you were wearing a blue BGP shirt at the game today, please see my thread in General Discussion. :thumb:

The birds looked one dimensional like everybody talked about in the 1st half but they mixed it up well in the 2nd.

I'd be interested to hear what the Birds had to say about X compared to Male. They're the only team that's played both, and has competed against both of the two top Mr. Football candidates.

I'd be interested to hear what the Birds had to say about X compared to Male. They're the only team that's played both, and has competed against both of the two top Mr. Football candidates.
Overall, X is the better team.

Two well-coached and fine teams. A compliment to H.S. football at PBS today. I think the Birds will win State 3A this year.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.