Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

St. X 35 Highlands 21

Featured Replies

I am not asking this as a slam, but why was St. X's crowd so small yesterday?

 

 

I was shocked by this too...

  • Replies 113
  • Views 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a question for X fans; how would you compare the BG game to the Highlands game. Just curious.

As stated in an earlier post about not being invited next year. I would have to say St X shot themselves in the foot by not having a good crowd showing. Organizers would rather invite a team that has a good following rather than who is playing in this kind of venue. It helps that you are Louisville St.X and it should be a given to have a huge following, but Sat was a disgrace!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I guess St X is spoiled by playing 2 to 3 times a year at Papa John's Stadium in front of 20 to 25000 people.:rolleyes: You wont be back, and not that you probably care!!!!

 

 

Actually the crowd is usually more like 30,000 to 35,000. :thumb:

I'm still surprised that so many X-folks including X frosh football players and coaches were in attendance at the T/Moe freshman game Saturday at 11:00 at Trinity instead of rooting on the Tigers to victory.

 

I believe the St. X freshmen had practice on Saturday morning. That could be the reason why the X players and coached were in attendance.

St X really showed us who was the better and deeper football team Sat. We have nothing to be ashamed of though, since coming off a simular game the week before. Highlands played a very solid football game and good things will soon come. Great Job Birds!!!!!!!

 

 

I agree Boom, and I'm not making any excuses for the Birds loss, as they played very well and got beat by a very good and deep X team, but after the game I was telling some other Birds supporters that I thought the game would have been even closer if we had not played a very tough opponent the week before. Heck almost every starter on Highlands team played two games back to back in which they played their position every play. I know that the entire o line (with one exception), Cecil and Kramer played every offensive play of both games. I think almost every defensive player played every defensive play of both games (and Ashton also played some offensive line). Playing Elder and X back to back in tough games under those circumstances is pretty darn impressive in my book, but it had to have taken a toll on the Birds on Saturday, particularly in the second half. Congrats to both coaches for some good half time adjustments. Glaser went with the power sweep to take advantage of his big uglies and depth running the ball and Mueller went with screen passes to Kramer to get Jordan the ball in open field. Just a heck of a game not only by the players but by the coaches also. I hope these teams keep playing one another. Two well coached programs with dedicated hard working kids on both teams.

Looking at their size in the program I believe a little hyperbole is in use. They do play with a lot of heart, though.

 

 

You're right of course. D-1 offensive linemen are generally 6-4 or taller and weigh 290 pounds or more these days.

 

I know one lineman on the team that isn't close to that height and he is still mad at me for marrying a "height challenged" woman. I told him to make up for his lack of height with meanness. It sure works for his Mom:ylsuper:

You're right of course. D-1 offensive linemen are generally 6-4 or taller and weigh 290 pounds or more these days.

 

I know one lineman on the team that isn't close to that height and he is still mad at me for marrying a "height challenged" woman. I told him to make up for his lack of height with meanness. It sure works for his Mom:ylsuper:

 

It's only Monday and you want to start with this?:argue:

If every St. X player brings 1 parent then they would have had a bigger crowd.

 

There was also the EKU vs. WKU on Saturday and that game draws people from all over the country into Richmond. I'm sure there are many St. X fans and former players who have ties to EKU and WKU who attended the game instead of the Highlands St. X game.

 

I believe the St. X freshmen had practice on Saturday morning. That could be the reason why the X players and coached were in attendance.

 

Think about it... if they could be done in time to be sitting in the stands at Trinity for an 11:00 kickoff, they could have been at PBS by 1:00. I really liked how all the varsity Rocks stuck around after Saturday practice to cheer on the frosh. I'm sure that motivated the freshman squad.:thumb:

I do know that there was a JV game saturday morning in Lexington with the tigers playing the knights of LC.

It's only Monday and you want to start with this?:argue:

You beat me to the avatar. Thats awesome!

I do know that there was a JV game saturday morning in Lexington with the tigers playing the knights of LC.

 

It would seem like with a school the size of St. X, you could have a JV game, freshman practice and whatever else you want to throw in there and still have a nice showing for a varsity game. It looked like you had more players than fans.

 

Personnally I don't care who was there. Those that were saw a great game. I was unable to go to the game last year and I'm sure there was a great home crowd, but I must admit, with as good a team St. X is and as large of school it is, I was expecting a better following.

You beat me to the avatar. Thats awesome!

Your more than welcome to share.:thumb:

It would seem like with a school the size of St. X, you could have a JV game, freshman practice and whatever else you want to throw in there and still have a nice showing for a varsity game. It looked like you had more players than fans.

 

Personnally I don't care who was there. Those that were saw a great game. I was unable to go to the game last year and I'm sure there was a great home crowd, but I must admit, with as good a team St. X is and as large of school it is, I was expecting a better following.

 

I'm hurt...

I'm hurt...

 

Let me rephrase that. Personnally I don't care how many ST. X fans were attending.

 

Sorry Sticky.

 

 

But I'm still not happy with you. You need too get your priorities straight.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.