2024 Covington Holy Cross Indians

The biggest change from last year is that Holy Cross had an Ohio opponent who dropped them.  The Indians filled that date with a trip to play 1A power Middlesboro.

8 hours ago, Tranquility Base said:

Once again, Holy Cross with one of the more eclectic schedules in the state.

As with most, it's the reverse (home vs. away) schedule from last year and filling in where you can.  Four games with a decent amount of time on a bus.

Two changes to schedule mentioned above:

• Eminence scrimmage on 8/10 has been canceled.
  • Dohn (Cinti) game is now Saturday 8/31 2:00 p.m. at Princeton High School.

20 hours ago, nkypete said:

Two changes to schedule mentioned above:

• Eminence scrimmage on 8/10 has been canceled.
  • Dohn (Cinti) game is now Saturday 8/31 2:00 p.m. at Princeton High School.

OK, the Eminence scrimmage on Saturday 8/10 at 11:00 a.m. is back on.

On 6/22/2024 at 1:46 PM, Voice of Reason said:

@nkypete

What is the outlook for this season?

Who are the key players?

What do the offensive and defensive styles look like under the new coach?

I know that I owe you a reply on this.  Some of the questions you ask I won't be able to answer until the dead period is over and I get to talk to the coaches and see the players myself.  I know that Coach Spencer brings a different relaxed style to Holy Cross (if you can be considered a "players' coach" at the high school level).  The team is still young with the loss of a lot of seniors last year.  The Indians pick up a lot of players from the championship middle school team.  The offense line is big.  Several new assistant coaches.  I'll have to let you know later about style and skill players (plus I don't want to give up too much information on here)!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Is there a kid still at Holy Cross by the name of James and goes by "Juice", completely forgot his last name but hopefully it comes to me. African American kid from Cincinnati. Plays linebacker on D I think and definitely RB on offense. Would be a junior this upcoming year pretty sure. Watched him play for years in youth football in Cincinnati. He consistently got better every year and his body really started to develop around the age of 14. Was told he was at Holy Cross when he was a freshman and was happy to hear that but just wondering if he is still there and how he is coming along.