Tulsa Police Shooting Questioned

Clyde

Sure LEO can be wrong , of course they can , there are bad apples out there . Officer Betty whatever her name isn't one of them. If we expect this level of perfection from our cops making 45K a year then there is going to be a serious lack of cops in our immediate future . Meaning throwing those that make any mistake ( I'm not sure she did) into prison.

So you're saying since an individual doesn't meet a certain income standard they should be allowed to make mistakes that can take a persons life accidentally? My goodness, the mindset of some people is why the country is in the state that this is. As I tell my kids "own up to your mistakes, and stop making stupid and outrageous excuses". I honestly don't think it was intent, but it did happen. Hazard of the job and being allowed to carry a firearm. Know when and when not to use it with no doubt, or face the consequences.

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it is going to be very hard to get a conviction.

I agree and I think that the officer who fired the taser the same time she fired is going to help her case. She can argue they both perceived the threat at the same time whether her's was a sympathy shot or not.

Both 911 calls state a guy ran from the vehicle, left the car running with the doors open, said somebody is going to blow up. The one guy stated he thought he was smoking something. So I think the police just responding to a broken down vehicle can be questioned also.

I think a conviction is going to be hard. I'm surprised they charged her instead of going to a grand jury first.

You think her being a female will benefit her?

It won't hurt. How many jurors does she need to have doubt?

I think the main reasons will be :

1. Police get a lot of leeway

2. Video is not 100% conclusive (1 or 2 seconds where we just can't tell)

3. Female

4. The aspersions that will be made about the victim

5. History

How many people driving into work this morning (if your car broke down or was breaking down) would position it into oncoming traffic? Still a lot that I don't get but that's always been my first question.

If the car just stops I don't have many chances to position it, right?

Why does this even matter in this case?

His didn't just stop, he had time to turn the wheel left when it should have

been turned right off the roadway. Might tell us this guy wasn't right or on something and the reason the police woman was so worried. And if your vehicle just up and quits on you at least stay in your lane don't endanger possibly me heading at you.

I think it escalates when you make a mistake and take a persons life. Remember "All Lives Matter" badge or not.

That's the whole point. The risk of taking someone's life and going to prison is not worth the reward of trying to help and serve others. All lives matter, yeah I'll try to remember that.

His didn't just stop, he had time to turn the wheel left when it should have

been turned right off the roadway. Might tell us this guy wasn't right or on something and the reason the police woman was so worried. And if your vehicle just up and quits on you at least stay in your lane don't endanger possibly me heading at you.

Again, how does this impact whether the shooting was good or bad?

Sure LEO can be wrong , of course they can , there are bad apples out there . Officer Betty whatever her name isn't one of them. If we expect this level of perfection from our cops making 45K a year then there is going to be a serious lack of cops in our immediate future . Meaning throwing those that make any mistake ( I'm not sure she did) into prison.

So an officer makes a mistake, someone dies as a result, it's just no big deal right? Sorry about your luck, I guess?

Any mistake? She didn't back her cruiser into a light pole or execute an illegal search. She ended someone's life.

It won't hurt. How many jurors does she need to have doubt?

I think the main reasons will be :

1. Police get a lot of leeway

2. Video is not 100% conclusive (1 or 2 seconds where we just can't tell)

3. Female

4. The aspersions that will be made about the victim

5. History

F. She may make under $45,000 per year.

Seriously, a conviction will be tough; and tragic all the way around.

Just curious what everyone thinks would have been the best time for the officers in the videos of post 233 and 235 to have shot first and still be here today. The guy in the first one waited way to long and the second one is tough because that guy was scary calm.

And family members of the dead guy swears he was on his way to being a good guy once again. His history was just that.... History.

These types of stories from both sides are all media hype and some news reporter looking for an angle to get on the news.