Tulsa Police Shooting Questioned

Clyde

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To me , as soon as attempts to get in that car he had to stopped. He already established he wasn't going to cooperate . If he gets to the car all hell can break loose . I don't expect anyone to be perfect , but I'm not going send cops to jail over a situation like this . Not going to change my mind and I'm not going to change yours . So not much need to carry on .

There were 3 other officers right there. If they had perceived a threat that needed to be met with deadly force don't you think they'd really be going to bat for their fellow officer? With this charge coming this fast I can't help but think they didn't agree with her actions.

Sure LEO can be wrong , of course they can , there are bad apples out there . Officer Betty whatever her name isn't one of them. If we expect this level of perfection from our cops making 45K a year then there is going to be a serious lack of cops in our immediate future . Meaning throwing those that make any mistake ( I'm not sure she did) into prison.

There were 3 other officers right there. If they had perceived a threat that needed to be met with deadly force don't you think they'd really be going to bat for their fellow officer? With this charge coming this fast I can't help but think they didn't agree with her actions.

Didn't the other 3 cops show up just as the shots were fired ? Like within 5 seconds ?

Ummm...his car is broken down in the middle of the road. She's determined there was no weapon via a search. What kind of he'll is going to breal loose?

I think it was said she cleared the car of any other people not weapons. That said if the window was up and he isn't complying you tase him or go hands on, I would think. Rocket or sportsfan can correct me if I'm wrong. I really think it's more in line with what racket said about her hearing the taser and accidentally shooting.

Just like in the DeBose shooting by the UC officer, both officers messed up, both may have lied about what occurred.

Is she racist? As I said from the beginning I don't think that this is the case here, so it's not really a "bad apple" example, but I think that she "choked". It's very simple, not all people are cut out for certain jobs, maybe she wasn't cut out for this job? The charges fit this incident.

Ummm...his car is broken down in the middle of the road. She's determined there was no weapon via a search. What kind of he'll is going to breal loose?

You bring up an intersting point. The car was broken down, so why would he go back to the car in the first place? Its not like he could get in it and take off, so what is his reason to go back to the car?

Maybe it needs to be said that I don't think this officer was malicious in her mistake. I just think she made a bad decision. That doesn't excuse her from repercussions.

I think that's exactly what happened. She made a terrible mistake and unfortunately she is going to have to pay for it.

This incident is a serious setback for law enforcement in our country. Make a mistake on most jobs you get reprimanded, make a mistake like officer Shelby is being charged with you go to prison. Risk reward is way out of line with this profession.

The price paid will be less LEO candidates and less qualified at that. This will hurt inner cities disproportionately.

I think it escalates when you make a mistake and take a persons life. Remember "All Lives Matter" badge or not.