Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tulsa Police Shooting Questioned

Featured Replies

Agreed. Held accountable by due process. Many already have her convicted.

 

And some have her in exonerated without due process. Really cuts both ways.

  • Replies 599
  • Views 44.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Or maybe he did, that's what the courts will decide.

 

It will be a day in court, but he won't be there.

And some have her in exonerated without due process. Really cuts both ways.

 

She has been charged and arrested for manslaughter. She is far from exonerated by the only ones that count.

It will be a day in court, but he won't be there.

 

And I agree that's very unfortunate.

I'm guessing she will not take the stand in the trial.

 

Who will the DA call in order to cast aspersions on her police work? Paid expert?

 

Whomever the Defense calls (assuming it's not her) will have to answer how the officer felt her life was in danger when the window was up. They can't say he was going for something in his pockets because she already said he was reaching "inside the car."

 

Is the only way that doubt can be reached is the 1 second or so that we can't tell what's happening?

I would think she will have to take the stand If her defense is going to be she get he was doing something to be a threat.

And some have her in exonerated without due process. Really cuts both ways.

 

How you figure?

How you figure?

 

At least one person here on BGP said it was bull manure that she was even charged.

At least one person here on BGP said it was bull manure that she was even charged.

 

Let's be honest here. We got a few people on here that aren't exactly rocket surgeons :lol2:. I was meaning anyone credible. I'll be the first to say she screwed up.

Let's be honest here. We got a few people on here that aren't exactly rocket surgeons :lol2:. I was meaning anyone credible. I'll be the first to say she screwed up.

 

:lol2: :lol2:

 

My bad. I'm just the messenger. :lol2:

And I agree that's very unfortunate.

And to many that is a patronizing comment. It's like, Oh I'm sorry you were accidentally unfortunately killed by a person who is supposed to protect and serve. It's just not acceptable.

  • Author

Regarding the "he didn't obey commands/he's not the good guy everyone says" comments:

 

Let's say the guy did/said the following to the officer.

 

1. Said "screw" you or some form of that sentiment when she told him to do something

2. Called her the ultimate 4-letter female pejorative

3. Told him what she could do to him sexually

4. Spit on her

5. Told her he was going to kill her after he got out of jail

 

but

 

6. kept his hands on the closed window

 

Do 1 through 5 give her enough justification to shoot him?

How you figure?

 

Some on here have her convicted without due process.

 

Some on here have her exonerated without due process.

 

Sorry if my statement was unclear.

And to many that is a patronizing comment. It's like, Oh I'm sorry you were accidentally unfortunately killed by a person who is supposed to protect and serve. It's just not acceptable.

My comment was not meant to be patronizing and I apologize if I offended. I am concerned about the way this incident happened, including Shelby's decision to pull her firearm and not a taser. I agree with an investigation, however I refuse to convict this officer on what evidence that I have.

Regarding the "he didn't obey commands/he's not the good guy everyone says" comments:

 

Let's say the guy did/said the following to the officer.

 

1. Said "screw" you or some form of that sentiment when she told him to do something

2. Called her the ultimate 4-letter female pejorative

3. Told him what she could do to him sexually

4. Spit on her

5. Told her he was going to kill her after he got out of jail

 

but

 

6. kept his hands on the closed window

 

Do 1 through 5 give her enough justification to shoot him?

No this would not justify the shooting. What if the other officers testify that Crutcher reached into his pocket? What if Shelby says that Crutcher said he was gonna kill her? Would this change the perception?

  • Author
No this would not justify the shooting. What if the other officers testify that Crutcher reached into his pocket? What if Shelby says that Crutcher said he was gonna kill her? Would this change the perception?

 

We agree.

 

So let's stop talking about "if he would have....." It's irrelevant. He either made a move to give her a legit reason or he didn't.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.